Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SpeedRL....What do you think?

I can probably be ignored because I'm using PMAG conversions instead of Glock mags.

But when I see people mess up reloads with PCC, it has nothing to do with grabbing the mag.

As an aside, it's a good thing I'm not in charge of USPSA, because I'd put a mag limit on PCC to 30 just to force people to have to actually be competent in running a carbine.

5 minutes ago, bulldog009 said:

I don't really see any reason for it other than a classifier specific mag reload. I'm pretty quick with my current PCC mag pouches, I don't know how much quicker I would be with that setup. I guess their rationale is similar to open guys running a mag basically flat across the front of their belt. 

Same here!  I see no difference from that mag holder compared to my DAA Racer pouches with the extended mag pouch spacer on my ELS belt.

I don't shoot PCC very often but I think it would suck to put a 30 round limit on it. It is a wide open division that allows you to choose what gear you want, why screw it up. If you think running 30 rounders make you competent then do it no one will stop you. As far as the new mag pouch I would not buy it, with some dry fire practice it does not take long to get pretty fast reloads using regular mag pouches.

6 hours ago, Acer2428 said:

Third'd. 

I got into PCC comp as training to run a rifle, which runs (generally) 30 rd mags. I run larger ones now to stay competitive. 

I’d vote against putting mag limit in pcc. Reloading with a pcc is not that same as reloading    With a rifle mag. Mandatory reloads in classifiers are going to make you have to practice reloads anyway. 

31 minutes ago, HoMiE said:

I’d vote against putting mag limit in pcc. Reloading with a pcc is not that same as reloading    With a rifle mag. Mandatory reloads in classifiers are going to make you have to practice reloads anyway. 

Only if you care about classification. It's a skill most can neglect entirely and still place very, very well. I agree reloading a straight stick 50+ round glock mag isn't the same as an AR mag, but a 30rd MPX mag is similar.... Also needing to reload on the move is a good skill, which is basically entirely negated in USPSA for PCC. 

30rd mag would be a step in the right direction IMO, but it doesn't ruin anything for me. 

Edited by Acer2428

An expensive magnet pouch, ah no

i run a magnet on my belt and use it mainly for my make ready mag and the empty mag when I’m done

as far as a 30 round limit, good luck enforcing that, other than running all 32 round field courses how many of you could keep track of only 30 rounds fired during a stage

On 9/12/2019 at 1:04 PM, HoMiE said:

Reloading with a pcc is not that same as reloading  with a rifle mag.

That's EXACTLY what it is for me :)  https://www.cmmginc.com/9-arc/

I'm glad more than just me think 30round mag limit would improve PCC division. I get it, it's currently "open", but the point is PRACTICAL and 50-60 round glock mags are not that. I don't think there are enough shooters for PCC Limited and PCC Open, but really it's just entirely past the point to have 30-33 round medium stages where you don't have to reload at all.

1 hour ago, Bifurcate said:

I'm glad more than just me think 30round mag limit would improve PCC division. I get it, it's currently "open", but the point is PRACTICAL and 50-60 round glock mags are not that. I don't think there are enough shooters for PCC Limited and PCC Open, but really it's just entirely past the point to have 30-33 round medium stages where you don't have to reload at all.

I don’t run 50+ mags in uspsa matches and the specialty matches I have shot, there is always a spot to reload.  Making people reload just to reload does nothing for a platform where wether you run Glock, colt or mpx, you have options to carry up to 40rds in a stage with simple addition of a basepad. On a large field course with 32 rounds, I only load my mag up to 38 rounds most of the time anymore. If I have to do s reload on a stage I’ve lost or had a gun malfunction. 

1 minute ago, HoMiE said:

I don’t run 50+ mags in uspsa matches and the specialty matches I have shot, there is always a spot to reload.  Making people reload just to reload does nothing for a platform where wether you run Glock, colt or mpx, you have options to carry up to 40rds in a stage with simple addition of a basepad. On a large field course with 32 rounds, I only load my mag up to 38 rounds most of the time anymore. If I have to do s reload on a stage I’ve lost or had a gun malfunction. 

This sounds like it fully avoids the word "practical" in USPSA.

I checked your scores on classifiers that have reloads, this obviously wouldn't be a problem for you to throw a reload in per stage. It's just keeping the spirit of the game. If PCC only competes against PCC, what is the problem with tossing in a 30 round cap? It would eliminate the silly socks walking arond with 60 round extensions because they straight up lack the ability to reload. It would make stage planning mean more for PCC, that's a huge portion of the game imo.

4 minutes ago, Bifurcate said:

I checked your scores on classifiers that have reloads, this obviously wouldn't be a problem for you to throw a reload in per stage. It's just keeping the spirit of the game. If PCC only competes against PCC, what is the problem with tossing in a 30 round cap? It would eliminate the silly socks walking arond with 60 round extensions because they straight up lack the ability to reload. It would make stage planning mean more for PCC, that's a huge portion of the game imo.

If I want to practice reloads, I shoot production.

If I want to shoot a dot and reload, I shoot Open.

PCC is pretty much an unlimited division, why try and put limits on it now just because you have chosen to shoot a platform that limits your mag choice to 30 rounds? I agree with you that 60+ mag is not necessary but there is no mag limit. And if you need 60 rounds to make 32 required hits, that’s not really practical either. 

Well, if you are talking Practical in a gun fight sense, What the hell is PRACTICAL about having to stop shooting and reload? I'd want as many rounds as fast as I could get them in a PRACTICAL fight.

2 hours ago, Bifurcate said:

5 hours ago, Bifurcate said:

"Practical" left the party a long time ago with 32 round comped red dot Open pistols.  This isn't like the only other division is Single Stack.  I shoot multi-gun as well and do not use 30 rounders.  Personally I love seeing guys use 60 round big sticks.  Pretty decent chance the mag will s#!t itself and leave me gloating over my unearned stage triumph.  LOL