Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 1050 Powder Check Camera

I recently retired my brass processing setup so I had the opportunity to move the Mark7 over to my 9mm reloading machine. Very cool setup esp. with the BulletSense that I added. But with the tablet in place viewing powder in case at station 6 went from hard to harder. I did some searches and there were some good suggestions from others showing what they did with backup cameras. I bought an inexpensive backup camera system and I just wasn’t happy with it. The camera image was very good but not at the distance I needed. Not surprising as a backup camera is looking at a minimum distance of a couple feet and I am trying to view 1-2 inches. No matter how I tried to position camera if it was close enough to see powder, image was out of focus.

Put that unit in the junk drawer and instead bought an endoscope. Makes sense as it is made for viewing objects close and most have a focal length of about 1.5” minimum. Looking at Amazon there are about a thousand models to chose from. I choose the one I did because it had a relatively short cable gooseneck (less than 5 ft vs. most being 10ft) and display was roughly the size of an iPhone Plus. Hmmm….display is size of iPhone and upright for case collator is roughly size of motorcycle handlebars. I wonder what I can use for a mount?

I struggled with how to stiffen the camera gooseneck as it just was too flimsy to remain in position. No surprise as it is meant to be snaked through pipes and walls. Then I remembered a length of Loc-Line I had. It wasn’t long enough but found the exact same part on Amazon so ordered more. Camera fits perfectly through line and nozzle even hold camera head snug. Loc-Line is Velco’ed tight to case Collator along with other cables.

Setup works great!

Inspection Camera

Bike Mount

Loc-Line Hose

IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

Edited by mcracco

I just ordered two Endoscopes yesterday that arrive tomorrow to do the same thing!   I did order a new Android tablet and car holder for the screen.    I have a pair of AmmoBots coming for my 1050's and planning on setting up the camera system when I get the automation on. 

Great tip on stabilizing the camera from motion.  Loc-line is a great tool for that for sure. 

I went with this USB endoscope for $19.95 each.  The Android tablet was about $100, but its a 10" screen. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WRNGYXY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by helocat