Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colorado high cap law

Lucreau

3.3.1 In states where competitors are restricted by law to maximum magazine capacity, that maximum capacity will be the maximum allowed for all competitors in the contest. Any such limitations must be made known to all competitors by the Match Director/Range Master before the start of the match.

29 minutes ago, Mcfoto said:

3.3.1 In states where competitors are restricted by law to maximum magazine capacity, that maximum capacity will be the maximum allowed for all competitors in the contest. Any such limitations must be made known to all competitors by the Match Director/Range Master before the start of the match.

Thanks I appreciate it! Sucks though lol

11 hours ago, Mcfoto said:

This isn’t always so black and white either. We have had pretty heated debates about some states that grandfather some in and some not, etc. It seems some matches let some use high cap mags, and some not. It’s why I never take my gear with me to states that are in doubt.

The law limits acquisition and transfer of high capacity magazines after it went into effect. Sales are somewhat limited, but possession is not as problem. Most rural counties, where the ranges are located, have proclaimed themselves 2nd amendment sanctuaries and refuse to enforce the laws coming out of Denver.

You should have no problems traveling here to shoot.