Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slot question

ekaiser

This is probably a dumb question- I read the official policy for Nationals slots, and it makes sense, but it doesn't break down how it works for Areas/Sections.

I know that generally speaking division and category winners of Area matches get a nationals slot for the next year, but how else do you usually get one? I'm in Area 5, Ohio section if that helps.

I doubt I qualify for one based on my Area 5 performance, but I'm just curious. Always thought it would be cool to go at least once!

When the slots are released, get with a local MD, and see if their club earned any slots by club activity, and if they are available. That’s what I did, going to Open Nats for the first time. Any unused slots go back, and are made available to the general membership on a certain date, first come first served. 

10 hours ago, ekaiser said:

This is probably a dumb question- I read the official policy for Nationals slots, and it makes sense, but it doesn't break down how it works for Areas/Sections.

I know that generally speaking division and category winners of Area matches get a nationals slot for the next year, but how else do you usually get one? I'm in Area 5, Ohio section if that helps.

I doubt I qualify for one based on my Area 5 performance, but I'm just curious. Always thought it would be cool to go at least once!

Where in Ohio? What club do you call home? 

I shoot out at crooked creek not sure the number , but section 5. In 2016 our md emailed he had 2 slots available and I jumped on it. Nationals was a blast! Otherwise I think there is a list if competitors choose not to go. Last time I'll go to nationals in FL. Cant handle the humidity.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Sarge said:

Where in Ohio? What club do you call home? 

Southwest Ohio (Dayton), I think I've actually squadded with you once or twice Sarge. I'm the guy with EK on my mags, lol. 

I don't have a home club per se but I always try to make it to the matches within an hour drive of Dayton, Dawg Valley, Oxford, Miami Rifle and Pistol, Miamisburg, etc. I'm trying to get on at MSC so I can actually practice somewhere other than a static range with firing restrictions.

3 hours ago, ekaiser said:

Southwest Ohio (Dayton), I think I've actually squadded with you once or twice Sarge. I'm the guy with EK on my mags, lol. 

I don't have a home club per se but I always try to make it to the matches within an hour drive of Dayton, Dawg Valley, Oxford, Miami Rifle and Pistol, Miamisburg, etc. I'm trying to get on at MSC so I can actually practice somewhere other than a static range with firing restrictions.

When I get slots in Jan-Feb or so I run the numbers for each club and distribute to MD’s. They should publish an email to the regulars asking who is interested. So it pays to become part of the core shooting group for a club or maybe two. Help with set up etc. it all factors in.

1 minute ago, Sarge said:

When I get slots in Jan-Feb or so I run the numbers for each club and distribute to MD’s. They should publish an email to the regulars asking who is interested. So it pays to become part of the core shooting group for a club or maybe two. Help with set up etc. it all factors in.

Right on, thanks for the info!