Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry fire drills to help tune up for a Major.

AndyG

Hey guys,

I'm looking around for a handful of what you would consider the most helpful dry fire drills to incorporate into a 30 minute session or so daily. My 2nd Major is in 2 weeks and I'd like to give myself the best opportunity to get my first top 3 finish in my division.  Thanks in advance!

I'm always doing trigger control, draws, reloads and transitions. That's essentially maintenance dry fire to me. Then I add in what ever I'm currently looking to improve from there.

Just a guess with out really knowing how you shoot, but 2 weeks out you don't really have time to get faster or better at anything really. Your focus should be just on seeing good sight pictures for everything. No rushing or pushing to get faster, just "shoot" at a comfortable match pace. Try to be consistent and not make mistakes.

Look through the match book, look for things you're not good at. Prone? Seated starts? Unloaded starts? SHO/WHO? work on anything that jumps out at you.

Get to the range and do some live fire too.

That's great advice. I'm looking to shoot my sights consistently and call my shots. I like many others will get excited and my finger out runs my sights sometimes. If I focus on calling shots, stage planning ect I am usually happy with the outcome. Just gotta get more discipline and experience. 

• 3 weeks later...