Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Watch 2019 European Handgun Championship?

Tanders

On 9/10/2019 at 10:34 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Which is a much better way to do things, honestly. Makes it easy to create much more interesting stage designs without assembling a dozen barrels or as many yards of wall section.

I agree with this 100%.

As a stage designer I would love to see this come to USPSA.

The IPSC rule about stepping outside fault lines says:

2.2.1.5 If a COF has a passageway visibly delineated by fault lines and/or a clearly demarcated shooting area, any competitor who takes a shortcut by stepping on the ground outside the passageway and/or shooting area will incur one procedural penalty for each shot fired after beginning the shortcut.

There's also:

1.1.5.1 Level I and Level II matches are not required to comply strictly with the freestyle requirements or round count limitations (see Section 1.2).

... So, I've been in a Level II, where there were pretty long sprints between 3 shooting areas, and the pathways (where you were not allowed to shoot) were not delineated by fault lines.

On 9/10/2019 at 9:34 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Which is a much better way to do things, honestly. Makes it easy to create much more interesting stage designs without assembling a dozen barrels or as many yards of wall section.

11 hours ago, davidb72 said:

I agree with this 100%.

As a stage designer I would love to see this come to USPSA.

I completely disagree.  Shooting areas are enough. I have seen ipsc stages where the shooter had to zigzag or run in some oddball fashion for no reason other than somebody wanted them to, it had nothing to do with shooting the stage. Kind of like when someone will post on these forums about wanting a shooter to run 30 yards before they ever get to their gun.

Edited by RJH

1 hour ago, RJH said:

I completely disagree.  Shooting areas are enough. I have seen ipsc stages where the shooter had to zigzag or run in some oddball fashion for no reason other than somebody wanted them to, it had nothing to do with shooting the stage. Kind of like when someone will post on these forums about wanting a shooter to run 30 yards before they ever get to their gun.

You can do that under USPSA rules, too, if you want to.

Just a different way to design a stage.

Did anybody hear something about Stoeger's gun breaking at this match?  I saw a comment somewhere on social media that Ben was having issues with the chamber on his gun, but that sort of issue usually results in one or more dumpster fire stages, not being consistently beaten by ~10% (unless it was inducing sporadic malfunctions).  Besides, I would imagine he has a backup if that was the case.