Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you like to travel?

Yes, of course. If money was no object, I would go on a world tour and visit as many countries as possible. Usually, trips motivate me and I work more productively after vacation. Besides, nowadays there are a lot of low-cost airlines, so it's possible to travel cheap 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2019 at 7:10 AM, Hi-Power Jack said:

Diversity trumps all.     :cheers:

I love to travel; I use drugs (have insomnia) to get to sleep and use a CPAP (have sleep apnea) to sleep.  So I am at home no

matter where I am.  And I like Diversity.

Hey Jack,  I love the saying under your name; can I use it?   Sparky

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I like being other places, I hate getting there. Cant drive like I used to, and flying has just turned into 100% misery and a blatant surrender of every right you have. When I was endurance racing I did alot of traveling in the 8-12 hour range with the horses,,, but that eventually got to me.  Just like USPSA,,, liked the game, hated the drive and time involved.

It is nice to be in places that are different from home - for a while. Done that before. A few days here, a year there. I don't even mind sitting in an airplane. Even before 911, I disliked airports. After that ...

• 3 months later...

Don't like travelling at all - a bit of a stick in the mud 🙂 

However, when you live on an island 19 miles by 9, you are pretty much guaranteed to gets lots of travelling done .... I used to have to travel a fair amount for work (circa once a month). These days, the only thing I travel for is 3 to 4 big IPSC matches every year, and that's more than enough, thank you very much.

• 4 weeks later...

Love it.  Up until my current employment for the last 4 years, I have traveled for work since I was 18.  I have traveled to over 10 countries, and all but four of the United states.  I would love a job where I traveled once a week every month, but I have not found that.  There is a balance, especially if you are married and/or have kids.  Employers always oversell quality of life and undersell the amount of travel you will incur while under their employ.

I am super grateful for these travels in that it has shaped how I view the world, and the US.

Now to figure out how to create a Travel budget for USPSA and IPSC matches.

We love travelling down to the USA to shoot matches.  Much cheaper than remote scuba trips.  Covid has put a damper but we will be down twice this year. Made  lots of friends.