Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load data

Manosgr

15 hours ago, Cfish said:

H335 is not a viable 9mm powder.

isn't this a rifle powder commonly used in 223? or am I confusing it with a different powder?

Titegroup is my new go to powder for 9mm. While I don't shoot it out of an AR, it works well in my glocks with both 147 coated bullets and also RMR 115gr plated bullets. I also used Power Pistol, but it was a lot flashier and had more recoil in my opinion.

H335 is a rifle powder.  I load 223 with it.  It's not a good choice for 9mm.  

I'm confused by his initial question. (Any one load AR 9mm ,115grain,)

Can you clarify your question?  Are you trying to load a PCC in 9mm?

1 hour ago, Manosgr said:

I am looking for data to reload ar9mm with barrels 16in 

i want to use H 335 powder

and 115 grain  bullet 

I doubt you’ll find a load data for it since it’s a rifle powder. There are better powders out there for 9mm PCC/ar9.

Or you can do your own load development at your own risk and be a trailblazer. Just make sure you start very low and use a chrono. With that said, it’s too risky for me and I’ll still use a different and proven powder like tite group, VV N320 and sport pistol, for the sake of safety and peace of mind.

On 9/9/2019 at 5:48 AM, George16 said:

Or you can do your own load development at your own risk and be a trailblazer. Just make sure you start very low and use a chrono. With that said, it’s too risky for me and I’ll still use a different and proven powder like tite group, VV N320 and sport pistol, for the sake of safety and peace of mind.

No, don't even do that. 

H335 is completely the wrong powder for 9mm with any bullet weight. There is no good reason to use it, regardless what type of gun it'll be fired in.

Manosgr, I strongly suggest you buy a reloading manual, read the material about reloading, and use their published load data for your ammo. The Speer manual is a good one for learning to reload. Do not just choose a random powder (like H335) and decide you want to use that. It doesn't work that way. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/12/2019 at 12:38 AM, Manosgr said:

my first reloads 9mm

with universal powder, brass winchester, 115 grain RN ,aol 1104-6   ,25yrds

from left to right

powder 4.0,  4.2,    4.5

Excellent accuracy, esp the 4.2 and the 4.5 gr.

What is the velocity ?

I'd try, if possible, to get your OAL up a bit - can you load longer ?