Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
helocat

RMR Jacketed Bullets? Soft jackets?

Recommended Posts

Starting new thread to not go off topic on that persons thread. 

 

@superdude in another thread suggested a bullet I have not seen or used.   Anyone have experience with RMR?   They look like some bagged Armscore 115’s I tested awhile back that had really soft jackets.  The Armscore bullets deformed easy when being pressed in.   Just wondering if others have experienced this with RMR and if they have experienced them having a soft jacket.  (Not assuming they are the same as Armscore just they look like them) 

 

https://www.rmrbullets.com/shop/bullets/pistol/9mm-355/9mm-124-gr-rmr-full-metal-jacket-round-nose/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used them for a while and the jacket did not seem soft at all. The never deformed while seating, they were very consistent in weight and were very accurate in my guns. Only reason I switched was to go to a coated bullet to save a few bucks since I’ve been shooting way more.

 

They are also made in house so they pretty much always have them in stock and they ship quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loaded the RMR 124JHP bullets on a Dillon 550 and 1050. Nothing negative to say about them. Seating went just fine and they produced the most accurate group on the batch of testing against plated and coated bullets.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I am using now are RMR 124 gr FMJ's.  9mm minor, 9 major and 38 super comp.  I love these bullets.  I think they are just as good, if not better, then many other options out there.  These bullets are way better then plated bullets.  And, the cost is about the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/eley-chooses-rmr-bullets-for-their-new-line-of-match-ammunition.854750/

Here a discussion on them being chosen for Eley’s match ammo which is supposed to be really good stuff, but I don’t know anything about them.

Rmr started as a company that mostly sold pulled bullets from other companies and but has been making their own pistol bullets for a while now and they have a really reputation. Not sure many/any negative reviews on their bullets.

I used about 4K of their 115gr plated “seconds” with really good luck. They were just plinking loads so I didn’t do a lot of accuracy testing or anything like that, but I didn’t have any problems with them either. Switched to Berry’s because my local shop gave me a good deal on them, and would discount other items when I bought them, but have since switched to coated bullets.

I would say to give them a try, they have good prices and fast shipping.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Khaot1c said:

I loaded the RMR 124JHP bullets on a Dillon 550 and 1050. Nothing negative to say about them. Seating went just fine and they produced the most accurate group on the batch of testing against plated and coated bullets.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
 

 

My same experience loading them on a 650.  They shoot as good of groups at 50 yards as Xtremes do at 25.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never used their r/n or plated bullets all I’ve used is the match winner f/p and their multi purpose jhp and those are top of the line bullets IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 10:14 AM, helocat said:

Starting new thread to not go off topic on that persons thread. 

 

@superdude in another thread suggested a bullet I have not seen or used.   Anyone have experience with RMR?   They look like some bagged Armscore 115’s I tested awhile back that had really soft jackets.  The Armscore bullets deformed easy when being pressed in.   Just wondering if others have experienced this with RMR and if they have experienced them having a soft jacket.  (Not assuming they are the same as Armscore just they look like them) 

 

https://www.rmrbullets.com/shop/bullets/pistol/9mm-355/9mm-124-gr-rmr-full-metal-jacket-round-nose/

 

 

 

If you were able to deform the bullet by hand (or fingernail), it sounds like you were dealing with plated bullets, not jacketed. Plated may appear similar but are actually quite different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Yondering said:

 

If you were able to deform the bullet by hand (or fingernail), it sounds like you were dealing with plated bullets, not jacketed. Plated may appear similar but are actually quite different. 

 

Agreed, however they look like the RMR.   So a visible swaged copper jacket with an exposed lead center at the base.  Plated will always have a fully encapsulated projectile, so no exposed base.  These are definitely not plated. 

7AAF86EB-56D1-4FFE-B632-0C6FA5C6546F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great feedback everyone.  I am thinking 21k bulk order will do just fine.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just ordered another 3k of 124 FMJ's myself.  I love these things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only 9mm bulletin I use is the RMR 124gr RN.  They make their own and the jackets aren’t soft.  Very accurate in three handguns and a 9mm carbine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have used their 124 and 115 Gr  RNs, TCFP and Match winners. The 124 Gr match winners are the most accurate of all the bullets I used. I know for a fact that they are not soft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad I found this thread.  I am just getting started shooting club level matches and am looking for a JHP at reasonable cost.  I found RMR but was unsure of the quality.  I feel a lot better about spending my hard to come by cash.  Will order a couple thousand in the next week or so.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Tophernj said:

I'm glad I found this thread.  I am just getting started shooting club level matches and am looking for a JHP at reasonable cost.  I found RMR but was unsure of the quality.  I feel a lot better about spending my hard to come by cash.  Will order a couple thousand in the next week or so.  

 

PrecisionDelta.com 

;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...