Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RMR Jacketed Bullets? Soft jackets?

helocat

Starting new thread to not go off topic on that persons thread. 

@superdude in another thread suggested a bullet I have not seen or used.   Anyone have experience with RMR?   They look like some bagged Armscore 115’s I tested awhile back that had really soft jackets.  The Armscore bullets deformed easy when being pressed in.   Just wondering if others have experienced this with RMR and if they have experienced them having a soft jacket.  (Not assuming they are the same as Armscore just they look like them) 

https://www.rmrbullets.com/shop/bullets/pistol/9mm-355/9mm-124-gr-rmr-full-metal-jacket-round-nose/

I used them for a while and the jacket did not seem soft at all. The never deformed while seating, they were very consistent in weight and were very accurate in my guns. Only reason I switched was to go to a coated bullet to save a few bucks since I’ve been shooting way more.

They are also made in house so they pretty much always have them in stock and they ship quick.

I loaded the RMR 124JHP bullets on a Dillon 550 and 1050. Nothing negative to say about them. Seating went just fine and they produced the most accurate group on the batch of testing against plated and coated bullets.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

All I am using now are RMR 124 gr FMJ's.  9mm minor, 9 major and 38 super comp.  I love these bullets.  I think they are just as good, if not better, then many other options out there.  These bullets are way better then plated bullets.  And, the cost is about the same.

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/eley-chooses-rmr-bullets-for-their-new-line-of-match-ammunition.854750/

Here a discussion on them being chosen for Eley’s match ammo which is supposed to be really good stuff, but I don’t know anything about them.

Rmr started as a company that mostly sold pulled bullets from other companies and but has been making their own pistol bullets for a while now and they have a really reputation. Not sure many/any negative reviews on their bullets.

I used about 4K of their 115gr plated “seconds” with really good luck. They were just plinking loads so I didn’t do a lot of accuracy testing or anything like that, but I didn’t have any problems with them either. Switched to Berry’s because my local shop gave me a good deal on them, and would discount other items when I bought them, but have since switched to coated bullets.

I would say to give them a try, they have good prices and fast shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Khaot1c said:

I loaded the RMR 124JHP bullets on a Dillon 550 and 1050. Nothing negative to say about them. Seating went just fine and they produced the most accurate group on the batch of testing against plated and coated bullets.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

My same experience loading them on a 650.  They shoot as good of groups at 50 yards as Xtremes do at 25.

On 9/7/2019 at 10:14 AM, helocat said:

Starting new thread to not go off topic on that persons thread. 

@superdude in another thread suggested a bullet I have not seen or used.   Anyone have experience with RMR?   They look like some bagged Armscore 115’s I tested awhile back that had really soft jackets.  The Armscore bullets deformed easy when being pressed in.   Just wondering if others have experienced this with RMR and if they have experienced them having a soft jacket.  (Not assuming they are the same as Armscore just they look like them) 

https://www.rmrbullets.com/shop/bullets/pistol/9mm-355/9mm-124-gr-rmr-full-metal-jacket-round-nose/

If you were able to deform the bullet by hand (or fingernail), it sounds like you were dealing with plated bullets, not jacketed. Plated may appear similar but are actually quite different. 

52 minutes ago, Yondering said:

If you were able to deform the bullet by hand (or fingernail), it sounds like you were dealing with plated bullets, not jacketed. Plated may appear similar but are actually quite different. 

Agreed, however they look like the RMR.   So a visible swaged copper jacket with an exposed lead center at the base.  Plated will always have a fully encapsulated projectile, so no exposed base.  These are definitely not plated. 

7AAF86EB-56D1-4FFE-B632-0C6FA5C6546F.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad I found this thread.  I am just getting started shooting club level matches and am looking for a JHP at reasonable cost.  I found RMR but was unsure of the quality.  I feel a lot better about spending my hard to come by cash.  Will order a couple thousand in the next week or so.  

36 minutes ago, Tophernj said:

I'm glad I found this thread.  I am just getting started shooting club level matches and am looking for a JHP at reasonable cost.  I found RMR but was unsure of the quality.  I feel a lot better about spending my hard to come by cash.  Will order a couple thousand in the next week or so.  

PrecisionDelta.com 

;) 

Im using the RMR 124 Matchwinners and they are the most accurate 9mm bullets I have tried so far and I've tried just about all the most popular ones out there. The jackets are definitely not soft....I've had absolutely no problems loading them on a Dillion 650. I'm getting ready to order another couple thousand very soon...:)

• 2 weeks later...

I got 1k of the RMR 124gn JHP the other day. I loaded up a small run and will test it out in my Glock this weekend. I’m hopeful it works. The bullets are nice and the few I checked were within a few 10ths on 124. I’ll report back with my experience. 

Put a quick 100 bullets thru the gun.  Functioned flawlessly.  Reasonably accurate.  I need to work a load up for this pistol which I've never done.  I have done it plenty for rifle so I'm sure I'll get it figured out.  But, the bullets are very nice.