Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
tdp88

New Tanfo Prices?

Recommended Posts

Anybody know what’s up with the Tanfo’s jumping up $300? Just looked at Patriot Defense and the Pro Shop and the Stock 2 is now more than the Shadow 2.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EAA has begun enforcing MAP pricing. No idea why, sucks for the dudes who didn’t get on the Tanfo train yet. Guess IFG is the new hope. Look at the top banner: http://eaacorp.com/

Edited by Solairefastora

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still a couple places selling for upper 900s but doubt it's going to last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad I have 3 right now. At that price I'd rock the Shadow 2 and just swap a spring or two and call it good.  If I knew the prices were about to jump I probably would have snagged up a limited gun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was watching some stock III auctions on GB thinking I had a month (listing ended in 25 days) to buy them at 746 but then they ended it and relisted at 826...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh?  In what way.  Legions have been out a while and are really overpriced for the "features" you get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huh?  In what way.  Legions have been out a while and are really overpriced for the "features" you get.

He’s talking about the 320 Legion. Its $900, shoots as soft as the metal guns, and has a great trigger. It’s probably gonna take a big piece of the CZ and Tanfo markets.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That description defies the laws of physics.


320 X5 Legion is 43.5 oz and I can confirm it shoots as soft as a Stock 2.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 9:06 PM, tdp88 said:


He’s talking about the 320 Legion. Its $900, shoots as soft as the metal guns, and has a great trigger. It’s probably gonna take a big piece of the CZ and Tanfo markets.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easier to jump into CO with the Sig, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been seeing posts on FB regarding the recent enforcement of MAP, but haven’t really paid attention and already have what I need for tanfos at the moment so I guess I’m glad I got in when I did. My Limited gun is sitting in the case looking for a new home anyways as I’ve switched back to the 2011 platforms with a custom being built over the winter.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought my first Stock II in July. Have been shooting to try and decide if I was gonna truly make the change from my Glocks. Just when I decided that I'm in on the SII the price jumps. Sometimes it doesn't pay to wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes. A buddy has had me looking at an Elite Limited for a while but I just checked the price at Stoeger...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yikes. A buddy has had me looking at an Elite Limited for a while but I just checked the price at Stoeger...

There are a couple of Limiteds in the classifieds all done up for reasonable as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EAA is trying to give their whole range a more "premium" feel. By enforcing prices at a higher range its going to raise their perceived value, and by association make them feel more like a premium brand. Even if we know that a Stock 2 should be 950, they are wanting to compete at that 1200 dollar price point that the shadow 2 is at.

 

I worked as a buyer in retail for a long time, and some of the companies I worked with did this sort of enforced pricing thing to keep their new value consistent, and there used prices higher as well to keep the brand association in a higher range...

 

The issue is we all know what the hell they are doing! Its too late at this point for them to change all that, and everyone not be pissed off about it. EAA is an annoying company...I really wish they would loose there lead import status as the tanfo distributor.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BigAm said:

EAA is trying to give their whole range a more "premium" feel. By enforcing prices at a higher range its going to raise their perceived value, and by association make them feel more like a premium brand. Even if we know that a Stock 2 should be 950, they are wanting to compete at that 1200 dollar price point that the shadow 2 is at.

 

I worked as a buyer in retail for a long time, and some of the companies I worked with did this sort of enforced pricing thing to keep their new value consistent, and there used prices higher as well to keep the brand association in a higher range...

 

The issue is we all know what the hell they are doing! Its too late at this point for them to change all that, and everyone not be pissed off about it. EAA is an annoying company...I really wish they would loose there lead import status as the tanfo distributor.

 

 

So this is just an EAA thing, and not an increase in cost from manufacturer?  I love Tanfo's, but I think this will only hurt sales.  There is no arguing that the fit and finish of the Shadow 2 is noticeably better then the stock 2 for example, and in my opinion justifies the higher price tag.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, B21 said:

So this is just an EAA thing, and not an increase in cost from manufacturer?  I love Tanfo's, but I think this will only hurt sales.  There is no arguing that the fit and finish of the Shadow 2 is noticeably better then the stock 2 for example, and in my opinion justifies the higher price tag.     

 

Seems odd that the prices for the IFG Stock 1 and Lim Pro have stayed the same while only the EAA range has jumped up. 

 

Leads me to believe it’s an EAA thing. If anyone that stocks both companies wants to chime in that would be great to get a confirmation. 

 

I just worked in retail long enough to have seen this a few times in the past...but never have I seen a company switch to this method of pricing after being established. 

Edited by BigAm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 5:05 PM, BigAm said:

Seems odd that the prices for the IFG Stock 1 and Lim Pro have stayed the same while only the EAA range has jumped up. 

 

Somebody is looking pretty smart right now for getting the Lim Pro's imported. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys you should see prices for Tanfoglio in Europe.

Stock 3 - 1160€

Stock 2 - 1750€

Limited Custom - 1990€

All those are standard/non xtreme. If you want an extreme you will need to add more than 500€ on top of that price.

 

On the other hand, CZ Shadow 2 is a bit more than 1200€ which puts it in the range of Stock 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pricing in Canada.

 

Tanfoglio Extreme Stock 3 - $2,281.00

Tanfoglio Stock 3 - $1,468.00

Tanfoglio Extreme Stock 2 - $2,596.00

Tanfoglio Extreme Stock 2 - $1,799.00

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Yagi said:

Pricing in Canada.

 

Tanfoglio Extreme Stock 3 - $2,281.00

Tanfoglio Stock 3 - $1,468.00

Tanfoglio Extreme Stock 2 - $2,596.00

Tanfoglio Extreme Stock 2 - $1,799.00

 

 Yagi,

Since you cannot receive PM's?  Do you have any info on when/where, etc for the 2020 Western States Single Stack?

Thanks,

Ron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sparky said:

 Yagi,

Since you cannot receive PM's?  Do you have any info on when/where, etc for the 2020 Western States Single Stack?

Thanks,

Ron

More likely it will be Feb. 22 & 23, 2020

Check out the FB in the future.

https://www.facebook.com/westernstatessinglestack/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

 

Somebody is looking pretty smart right now for getting the Lim Pro's imported. 

 

I agree...and honestly I feel like my Lim Pro transitions very similar to my Stock 2. The shorter dust cover, and non bull barrel make the balance of the gun feel very similar to my stock 2.

 

I think the Lim Pro will be the go to gun for people looking for steel DA/SA production guns that dont wanna pay a ton for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...