Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MESQUITE MAYHEM REVOLVER CLASSIC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/30/2019 at 12:48 AM, ysrracer said:

As a fellow competitor I sincerely hope they only let people shoot one gun per day.

Multiple guns slow things down too much.

In my experience as a match director the shooters who plan to shoot 2-3 entries will clear a stage faster than the average shooter.  I've seen a squad with 3 people shooting 3 guns each run faster than any other squad at a match.  Just depends on the person shooting and how they plan to accommodate the additional entries.  Just something to consider.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone you have till the end of the month to sign up before the price increase. Sign up and come play. You can get here Thursday afternoon, shoot 8 stages of Steel Challenge on Friday the 13th, and then come back on Saturday the 14th for 8 fun stages, with your wheelguns. I know that I am biased but that sounds like a fun shooting weekend to me, that is IF you're not superstitious or afraid to shoot on the 13th. What say you all, come out and play.

• 3 months later...

Though I would submit info regarding things to do while in Mesquite besides Shooting, Gambling and Drinking, there are several great golf courses in the area plus plenty of off road trails for Jeeps, ATVs and Motorcycles. Can't wait for the fun to begin.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Thanks, that's the one.

How come nobody ever shoots the back of the plate to "help" it over?

All you’ll do is hold it up usually. Timing from the rear is too difficult to actually be useful.

The evil swinger killed my match!  I finished 8th Limited, and if that stage were tossed out, I would have been 2nd Limited, and by a fairly close margin.  I shot the whole dang match in 260 seconds, and 112 of those seconds were burned up on that one crazy stage.

Aaarrgh!!  😠😣

Still, I have to admit it was a fun challenge, and I look forward to shooting it again next year.  I think I know how to do it now!  (I strongly recommend new shooters to the Mesquite match watch videos of people shooting the swinger in advance--pretty sure I would have done better if I had done so.) 

Fun match--glad I made the trip out.

I really enjoyed the match, I REALLY enjoyed the match. That being said the steel stage held every squad up because it's just too long.

Even the fast guys were over a minute. Three positions would be plenty, and help the match move along better.

(Yeah, I was hungry at the end :) )

34 minutes ago, matteekay said:

I liked that stage at IRC '18... but it didn't have the spinner back then. 

What's the bounty?

To go negative... so sub 65 with bonuses