Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production & CO “accelerator cut”

MRindecisive

I recently read a NORI blog entry titled “is that thumb rest legal?” Link below. The article states that thumb rests a illegal on the grip of guns on production and CO guns. I emailed NORI asking about clarification on accelerator cuts. Troy McManus stated that the accelerator cuts on glocks are on the “frame” not the “grip” and are therefore legal in production and CO. I thought this was pretty interesting since I have been using agency arms frames recently and have had some RO question the legality of accelerator cuts. I’ll post the email chain below. FYI I used an email that Lenny Magill forwarded me previously to ask nori for clarification on this topic. 

Edited by MRindecisive

I also emailed DNROI about this with a picture of an Agency frame and asked “Does this constitute a thumb ledge for the purposes of 21.4 in the carry optics appendix D7 prohibition of frame modifications to create a thumb ledge?“ and received a simple “No, it doesn’t” in response. Good enough, printed the email and put it in my range bag ahead of a level 2 in anticipation of any questioning by a RO. 

JLB-US: Hi Troy, it says I can only have 10 rounds in my magazine in production, can I have 23 instead?

Troy: Sure!

JLB-US: what about a stock?

Troy: Only if it has been produced at some point. No magically created ones.

JLB: red dot sights?

Troy: if they have some portion of iron in their construction, they would be iron sights for the purpose of production rules.

This is what Production feels like to me these days. 😆

Edited by JLB-US
More nonsense

On 9/7/2019 at 3:29 PM, JLB-US said:

JLB-US: Hi Troy, it says I can only have 10 rounds in my magazine in production, can I have 23 instead?

Troy: Sure!

JLB-US: what about a stock?

Troy: Only if it has been produced at some point. No magically created ones.

JLB: red dot sights?

Troy: if they have some portion of iron in their construction, they would be iron sights for the purpose of production rules.

This is what Production feels like to me these days. 😆

That ain’t no joke. I’m 99% certain that I’ve read on this very forum that those cuts were not allowed, even with the 2019 updates. Stippling the area was ok, but a shelf or ledge was bad. 

I wish they would make up their minds. 

1 hour ago, wtturn said:

Comical or infuriating? I can't even tell any more.

The distinction he draws between "grip" and "frame" on production guns is absurd.

b0ceb24aa63f1d992f96b451f5a6dbad.jpg

lol, that is a little disconcerting. But i would like to think that he meant to say grip. It would be nice if NORI Published a blog entry adressing this, Instead on people having to use emails to justiy a modification. 

Edited by MRindecisive

3 hours ago, wtturn said:

Comical or infuriating? I can't even tell any more.

The distinction he draws between "grip" and "frame" on production guns is absurd.

b0ceb24aa63f1d992f96b451f5a6dbad.jpg

This is precisely what I was getting at in my earlier post. Awhile back stippling in that area was ok, but a shelf was not.

But whatever. 

Edited by HCH

• 10 months later...