Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rise and Fall of divisions in my area

JGus

Up here PROD is huge.  Now CO (Production Optics) is pulling some shooters out of PROD. And we even have POLight (groan).  What a load of IPSC BS idiocy that is.  Everyone shoots a CZ in PROD (I'm not kidding).

PCC just got really going, mostly older shooters looking for something new.  I'm not a fan and I predict a lot of PCC guns and gear up for sale next year. 

Limited (Standard) is shrinking or flat depending on where you shoot.  It seems standard shooters either don't like the cost of 40 or the recoil and shoot 9mm in Classic (SS) which is about the same size as limited.  OPEN is about the same size as both.

Revo is dead so I shoot ICORE and don't really bother much with IPSC anymore.

Remember we are limited to 10 round mags.

12 minutes ago, bret said:

More Open Shooters at Nationals than PCC

More Linited Shooters at Nationals than Carry Optic.

There isn't a big difference in turn out between Limited and CO. Considering how new CO is I'd be next year it will have a higher turn out at nats.

It is possible there are open shooters who are staying around even though they don't normally shoot CO. That could be padding the numbers.

7 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

There isn't a big difference in turn out between Limited and CO. Considering how new CO is I'd be next year it will have a higher turn out at nats.

It is possible there are open shooters who are staying around even though they don't normally shoot CO. That could be padding the numbers.

About a 20% more are shooting limited than Carry Optics.

About 48% more people shot open than PCC. 

Carry Optics isn't really that new.

1 minute ago, bret said:

About a 20% more are shooting limited than Carry Optics.

About 48% more people shot open than PCC. 

Carry Optics isn't really that new.

193 vs 233 doesn't seem like a massive difference to me. 

CO became a division in what 2015, but it's current version with 140mm mags was 2017. How many years has limited been a division?

7 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

CO became a division in what 2015, but it's current version with 140mm mags was 2017. How many years has limited been a division?

Percentage wise 20% is a lot.

I thought to be closer and expected more in carry optics than limited.

I was surprised the huge swing between open and pcc, and only 1 PCC was in the top 10 of combined, the guys bringing rifles to pistol matches got smoked by the pistol shooters. 

12 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

Limited goes back almost 30 years, as far as I can tell they have Limited National champ going back to 1992. 

2 minutes ago, bret said:

Percentage wise 20% is a lot.

I thought to be closer and expected more in carry optics than limited.

I was surprised the huge swing between open and pcc, and only 1 PCC was in the top 10 of combined, the guys bringing rifles to pistol matches got smoked by the pistol shooters. 

So much for the bringing a rifle to a pistol match argument. 

More so at Nats, Major plus sometimes a reload beats minor with a rifle and no reloads.  Major with iron sights and a couple less rounds beats minor with a dot...

My theory is CO shooters trend to newer shooters that aren't yet into 'hey, let's go to Nationals' as much as long-time Limited shooters.  That and they're mostly cheap.

(I shot CO at nats)