Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip suggestions

Chuck Anderson

So I just finished up a 1911 build and I’m a bit stalled. Damascus slide and black nitride everything else. The original plan was some mammoth ivory grips, but not sure if something else might look better. Pure BBQ gun, no competition purpose.  Just looking for something to finish it off that will set off the damascus. Any suggestions?  

8C901DB7-39E5-42CA-B16C-3BA2C88EC422.jpeg

Ivory or POSSIBLY a set from Esmerelda....something with rich but subtle color in wood.  You dont want peoples eyes going to grips first... first look should be that damascus then as you drool over that, let rest of the gun & the grips push you over the top so to speak.  Very nice gun!

Cherokee Hills or High Figure Grips.  Both are amazing.

I’d go with a grey/darker dyed Box Elder burl or Buckeye burl that stays with the cool neutral colors of your slide and frame. Don’t introduce warm red/orange/yellow woods.

Like these:

https://www.highfiguregrips.com/product-page/1911-full-size-buckeye-burl-grips-34

I have a pair of Lok grips coming for my Springfield RO, I’ll try to remember to post pics and a review of how they feel on the hands shooting. I’m used to PT grips and Patriot Defense grips do hoping they are at least as grippy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk