Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 2 light Primer strikes

PGGUNS

Hi All,

Just started to get light primer strikes on my S2.  I have about 4500 rounds through it and this a first.  Happened multiple times with different ammo today.  Fiocchi 124g, and Lawman Speer 147g. I have a 2075 rami firing pin spring with the extended firing pin and 11.5 lb hammer spring.  Going to change out the FPS and probably would like to keep the 11.5 lb hammer spring but probably should go to the 12 or 13 lb one.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  Am I on the right track with this?  Should I just change the FPS first or just do both?  I have shot over 1000 rounds of the ammo above and I know they probably have hard primers but I like the recoil and accuracy of the ammo along with the price but if there is another option I should look at for competition let me know.  I don’t reload my ammo so I go factory with it. Thanks in advance.

I would try a new 11.5  hammer spring if the one you have in the gun is very old. If it’s fairly new I would just call it to weak for some of the hard primers and move on to a 13 lb.  hammer spring. If you haven’t done so you can install a Cajun gun works trigger return spring and that will off set the 13 lb..hammer spring .

I have the reduced power trigger return spring currently.  The 11.5 lb is relatively new, about 4500 rounds through it, but probably double that in dry firing.  I just put the 13 lb. hammer spring in the gun, have a 12 lb coming from CGW.  Not sure the 1 lb will make much difference so likely will just keep the 12 as a back up spring.  I’ll probably try it to see if much difference but not sure worth messing with reliability.  

• 1 month later...