Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig MPX PCC load

Searching the forum but couldn't find the answers. Like to speed up the proces of developing a perfect load for my new MPX PCC.

I like to hear opinions on what is considered as a good load for the MPX PCC. So heavy bullets? Or lighter? Fast powder or slower powder?

any help appreciated!

Thing about the MPX is that it is driven by a gas piston, so it needs gas to operate.  It may run bunny fart ~131PF loads right after being cleaned and then get finicky once it starts to get dirty.  From what I've seen, for reliability you may want to treat it a bit more like an open gun in the sense of using a slower powder, lighter projectile, etc. to make sure there is plenty of gas to work the system.  That doesn't mean you need to take it to some extreme, but maybe stick to 124-135gr projectiles and a powder in the mid range of burn rate.

Edited by fbzero

I don’t reload (more due to time than anything else), that said, the MPX system is so soft shooting I doubt you’d see any benefit going below like a 140pf power factor... I’ve been running a bunch of rounds through mine alternating between Federal’s Syntech 130gr PCC-specific stuff and crap 115gr Tula and the difference isn’t a whole lot... the Syntech 130gr is way cleaner and is Nerf-gun-soft rated at a supposed 147pf, but the Tula is soft as hell too... I think the MPX is just a different thing from a blow-back AR-9, and the load doesn’t matter as much until you go too soft and it doesn’t like it.

IMHO: MPX @ 145pf more or less = BB AR-9 @ 130pf

YMMV.

15 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Sport pistol is not available in Europe... VV N320 = same as for powder??

4.0 grains of N320 with a PD 124JHP or Berry's 124 HBRN-TP is a great load. I would stay away from the coated bullets in the MPX, they just make more of a mess in the gas system. 

7 hours ago, jlo86cj said:

4.0 grains of N320 with a PD 124JHP or Berry's 124 HBRN-TP is a great load. I would stay away from the coated bullets in the MPX, they just make more of a mess in the gas system. 

PD not available in EU but Berry's yes! Checked the HBRN-TP on their website. Never seen such a hollow base before. But if it works it works 🙂 will buy some!

15 hours ago, mannyc said:

Here is Taran Butler's opinion on factory loads with different weights, if you haven't seen it yet.

He likes the 147's... most are shooting 124's though... I tried 124's GECO factory today next to my pistol load 147 plated with 3,25 gn VV N320. GECO fine. My pistol load (128 pf out of my Shadow 2) felt like I was shooting .22 🙂 Scary and somehow it felt too soft. Man I like the Sig.

3 hours ago, Acer2428 said:

The ticket for MPX's has been medium speed burn powders and lighter projos.

Some will run on TG, some won't. 

Yeas that's the general consensus. Being in Europe still difficult which powder RS12? RS20? VV N340 with 115's?