Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Casepro 100

Just recently purchased a Casepro 100 that was a NIB unit, never had been used. 

After cleaning it up and lubricating the unit, and installing the 45ACP die I ran a small batch (about 30 pieces) of 45ACP through it.  The brass came out with some surface marring (see photo). Shiny and bright at the case head but about 1/3 up from the case head you can see where the marring starts.  The die is defiantly taking some brass off as they you can just barely see a trace of brass on a small section of the die.

Can anyone with experience using a Casepro 100 tell me if this is normal, am I doing something incorrectly, or if there is maybe issues with the dies?  All brass was cleaned just prior to running it through the Casepro.

FYI - had the same issue with a small batch of 40S&W brass that I ran through on the 40S&W die.

Thanks!

47937177-4313-48C5-B91F-E7CB88AA606E (2).jpeg

I see this when the brass is glocked pretty good. If the area and below the area of the marring is within spec. Run them thru a full sizing die and you should be good. 

Also looking at your picture, the brass still looks glocked but a pair of calibers will tell you if your Casepro dies are setup correctly. Again only measure the marring and below. From the marring to the top of the brass will be out of round.