Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 in 40 S&W

EliteGuard

On 9/5/2019 at 1:43 PM, EliteGuard said:

Does your Sig Max in .40 allow an OAL of 1.18?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sorry, I thought I responded earlier. I have not tried OAL at 1.18. I have been loading for this gun at 1.125. If I get a chance I will run some of my limited rounds at 1.18 through and let you know. 

IDPA has a 'loophole' for 1911s.  A series 80 must be used as it comes from the factory.  You cannot disable any of the safety features.  However, the rules allow you to use a 70 Series slide on an 80 Series pistol.  I'm not really sure how that would work, because you can't remove the levers.

There are some clubs that forbid disabling safety features.

Edited by zzt

I have two identical Trojans in 40sw (set up the same).   Use one for practice and the other for matches in L10 and SS.

Shoot factory length reloads in them (work perfectly) with Minor PF (134) in USPSA using Tripp Cobra 10rd mags.

It's a shame that STI does not make the Trojan anymore.  I really like mine.   A shooting buddy has a Sig 40sw and

I have shot it and it feels good.  Good luck with your search.  

• 2 years later...

I have two Colt 1911s chambered in 40 S&W, one is model 01040 and the other is 08040.  I understand that Colt only made them for 9 months.  The problem with them is the magazine.  I bought several Colt magazines and etched numbers one through whatever and only one magazine fed reliably.  The problem is I let a gunsmith work on them to feed hollow points before I found out the problem is the magazine.  They might work with ball (non-hollow points).  

01040.jpg

08040.jpg