Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which is most accurate?

SelfPeace

14 minutes ago, Yondering said:

In my experience practicing with a weaker load at least part of the time can be beneficial and not at all detrimental to competing at minor power factor later. Using a milder load IMO is sort of like a step closer to dry fire - it allows more focus on the details, and for me, I end up putting more rounds down range. I haven't found that to take away from my ability with hotter loads at all; it's been the opposite and made me better with the increased practice. 

This makes a lot of sense! I do find myself feeling overwhelmed at times having to focus on numerous things all at the same time and if I can, at least, convince the mind that there's not much recoil to prepare for then I can see how that would allow me to concentrate better in find-tuning other aspects of the game. Thanks!

2 hours ago, SelfPeace said:

if I can convince the mind that there's not much recoil   then   that would allow me to concentrate better in find-tuning other aspects of the game.  

If you're "recoil sensitive", then by all means stay with low powered loads for a while.  Not hard to get them

down to PF 110, and they feel very soft.

Also, don't shoot indoors - shoot only outdoors, if possible,  and double muff.

After a while, you will develop an immunity to the noise and you will be able to "fine tune other aspects of the game".    :) 

19 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

If you're "recoil sensitive", then by all means stay with low powered loads for a while.  Not hard to get them

down to PF 110, and they feel very soft.

Also, don't shoot indoors - shoot only outdoors, if possible,  and double muff.

After a while, you will develop an immunity to the noise and you will be able to "fine tune other aspects of the game".    :) 

Jack, thank you! And yes, thankfully, the range I go to is an outdoor one. Thanks for the advice!