Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
JNW

SRO Dot Size

I’m going to get an SRO for my new TSO.  I have a DPP and really like the 2.5 moa dot in it.  Is the SRO 2.5 dot equivalent in size?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 hour ago, ClayBuster said:

I would assume 2.5 MOA is 2.5 MOA 

Not necessarily.  Some folks think the DPP 2.5 appears “bigger” than 2.5, so if anyone had used both optics I wanted to see what they thought.

Jeff

I went from a DPP 2.5 to an SRO 2.5.  They both look very close to me.  The SRO turned all way up seems to flare more than the DPP.  A fellow squad mate put his 5 moa and my 2.5 moa SRO next to each other, turned all way up.  We could not tell difference between the two SROs.  

I've only shot a DPP a few times but my SRO 2.5 seems bigger. It might just be that it is brighter. 

I have a buddy who has put 30,000 rounds on a gun with DPP 2.5 and then SRO 5 and he says he can’t tell any difference in dot size

I have SRO 5MOA on my CZ shadow 2 and my M&P 9L, , it's got a nice range of brightness to it and it almost seems to get a little

smaller as it goes to lower brightness levels.

about 3500 rounds through the CZ with it , no problems yet.

about 1500 on the M&P, all good

the only complaint I have with this thing is that the buttons are kind of flat and sometimes it can be a real pain in the butt to get it to turn off,

It's really easy to put it into lock out mode by accident

I shot a USPSA match with the CZ yesterday and I literally had to wait until I got home to turn it off, I struggled with it at the safe table for about 5 minutes and gave up LOL!