Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ejector Rejector

Dan4147

I had similar case on 2011 platform and I've found the potential reason / or set of conditions when it happens.

I used slowmotion recording with iphone to find out what was the reason and here are my findings:

Hitting the right/bottom corner of the mount (and/or empty brass is pushed back in the port on top of next round) when I use some pickup brass, During the ejection the brass is not properly held by the extractor and it goes up instead of low 4 oclock (as my ejector is cut to hit brass back on top and direct it right and back).Brass either hits the returning top of the slide or bottom right corner. Then the brass goes back into port if the slide return too slow or just bounces away "just" hitting the mount with random ejection pattern.

Changed extractor to aftec type extractor which helped a little. I will check the stronger and weaker return spring (with DPM it is quite easy) to see what will be the outcome. Current temporary fix is just some tape on the mount corner.

23 hours ago, KrisS said:

I had similar case on 2011 platform and I've found the potential reason / or set of conditions when it happens.

I used slowmotion recording with iphone to find out what was the reason and here are my findings:

Hitting the right/bottom corner of the mount (and/or empty brass is pushed back in the port on top of next round) when I use some pickup brass, During the ejection the brass is not properly held by the extractor and it goes up instead of low 4 oclock (as my ejector is cut to hit brass back on top and direct it right and back).Brass either hits the returning top of the slide or bottom right corner. Then the brass goes back into port if the slide return too slow or just bounces away "just" hitting the mount with random ejection pattern.

Changed extractor to aftec type extractor which helped a little. I will check the stronger and weaker return spring (with DPM it is quite easy) to see what will be the outcome. Current temporary fix is just some tape on the mount corner.

Thanks. I will be doing some trials soon, applying some of these. 

Edited by Dan4147