Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 powder bar slamming on upstroke

Hi all,

I noticed this morning during a reloading session that the powder bar on my 1050 has started slamming home on every upstroke. Seems to actuate smooth as normal until about the last half of the upstroke and then it will suddenly slam backwards. 

I wasn’t sure how to fix this issue and Google hasn’t yielding any promising info. Any ideas? 

If it's like the 650s try tightening the allenkey/lock nut. Doing this made one of mine run smooth a different one of my measures tightening made worse. Whats happening is one of the brass colored pieces is hanging up on the body of the measure and tentioning on the spring. When it finally gives it pops. Making a ness with powder and making for a rough operation

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

The failsafe rod is what retracts the powder bar. Be sure not to add springs to retract the powder bar. With the handle up, the coil spring just above the blue wing nut at the bottom of the failsafe rod should be partially compressed, but the coils should not touch.

I don't think you have to take it apart I tried some silicone spray from underneath aimed away from the measure but toward the brass colored pieces. A quick shot of one shot got me 100 rds without this issue I'll try again with the silicon

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2019 at 7:07 PM, m700 said:

I don't think you have to take it apart I tried some silicone spray from underneath aimed away from the measure but toward the brass colored pieces. A quick shot of one shot got me 100 rds without this issue I'll try again with the silicon

That solved it!  Thanks!