Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommend me a sight set for my wife's g43

obsessiveshooter

Like the title says, I'd like to get an upgraded sight set for my wife's g43. Black rear and tritium or Fiber Optic front. I see the options, and I'm concerned about getting a sight set that is overly biased towards site acquisition versus accuracy. We have dawson sights on everything else, perhaps we should stick with dawson?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have the XS Big Dot sights on my point and shoot pocket pistols.

Tritium front. Black rear. Cheap. [emoji736]

Another set that I love are the Truglo TFX AND TFX Pro sights. Can’t say enough good things about these. I have these on my most of my carry and defensive use pistols.

I also use the Dawson on my competitive pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, maybe I implied that you can’t aim well with the Big Dots, but you can. I just said point and shoot, in terms of quick target acquisition. They are VERY good at allowing you to make quick, accurate, close range shots. But they also can be aimed with as much accuracy as you can muster from that small of a pistol.

But again the Truglo TFX series are a better all around set of sights. And they are going to be better, at least for me, as the ranges get further away.

I’ve purchased both of those sets of sights off of Amazon for a steal. As far as quality to price point, again the Truglos are tough to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ditched the XD dots that a previous owner had on my PPQ carry gun for a set of Truglo TFX’s. They’re the best option out there. Tritium and fiber optic.

I can’t shoot a sub 3 in group at 7yd with the XS dots - they’re just too vague. Put the conventional notch and posts back on and boom. One ragged hole again.

I did the TTI set on my 34Gen4 , however I ended up with a Dawson front due to my setup hitting some 5" high at 25 yards. 

I used Dawsons sight calculator on the website and I am now hitting POI of top of Fiber Optic at 25 Yds. ( about 1 1/2' low) not sure I will shorten or just run it using the front sight like a red dot....Last match seemed to favor using it like a dot.

Dawson has the black rear/FO front and a guarantee for a replacement front sight if it doesn't hit where you are pointing and also mentions Gen5 is a different sight ,something about the lockup IIRC.  for a fixed rear I really couldn't tell the difference between the offerings and Dawson also has adjustable rears I think

Trijicon HD are the best of all worlds in my options...tritium for night sights....fiberish color around the front sight for day. Hands down the choice for me on all my carry type guns. Added bonus the newer versions have a thinner blade front post that mimics completions sights. I usually find the best deal on these with amazon.

AmeriGlo GL-436 Hackathorn Sight Set for Glock 42/43, Green/Orange https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XP546FW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YpLBDb2GFHZQ3

Ameriglo makes excellent sights that are very affordable. I have these on several glocks. Blacked out rear and tritium dot with bright orange on the front post. And only $56 shipped. Tough to beat. Otherwise if you’re not looking for tritium and want fiber front check out frank proctors sight set. Same black rear with a fiber front sight. Those are solid as well.

https://frankproctorperformancegear.com/frank-proctor-y-notch-glock-42-43-48-fiber-optic-sight-set/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 9/3/2019 at 4:54 AM, shooterDrew said:

AmeriGlo GL-436 Hackathorn Sight Set for Glock 42/43, Green/Orange https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XP546FW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YpLBDb2GFHZQ3

Ameriglo makes excellent sights that are very affordable. I have these on several glocks. Blacked out rear and tritium dot with bright orange on the front post. And only $56 shipped. Tough to beat. Otherwise if you’re not looking for tritium and want fiber front check out frank proctors sight set. Same black rear with a fiber front sight. Those are solid as well.

https://frankproctorperformancegear.com/frank-proctor-y-notch-glock-42-43-48-fiber-optic-sight-set/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Any chance you could measure the height of the front and rear sights on that Ameriglo set? Also is the front .125" or .140" wide? I don't really trust the amazon reviewer's comments very much but will have to check Ameriglo's website later.

I had to go with a taller rear sight than stock on my 43 (just cut down a plastic G23 sight for now) and it seems most of the aftermarket options only offer one height for the 43. 

6 hours ago, Yondering said:

Any chance you could measure the height of the front and rear sights on that Ameriglo set? Also is the front .125" or .140" wide? I don't really trust the amazon reviewer's comments very much but will have to check Ameriglo's website later.

I had to go with a taller rear sight than stock on my 43 (just cut down a plastic G23 sight for now) and it seems most of the aftermarket options only offer one height for the 43. 

Ameriglo's site says the 43 version of Hackathorn front sight is .125" and rear has a .150" notch while the set for double stack Glocks has .140" front and a .180" rear notch:  https://ameriglo.com/collections/glock/products/glock-hackathorn-sets

Not sure about the 43 sights, but regular Hackathorn sights are normal Glock height - .165" front and .256" rear.  I have Ameriglo Pro-Glo sights for regular double stack Glocks on my 43 and the rear sight isn't too wide for the slide.

23 minutes ago, Southpaw said:

Ameriglo's site says the 43 version of Hackathorn front sight is .125" and rear has a .150" notch while the set for double stack Glocks has .140" front and a .180" rear notch:  https://ameriglo.com/collections/glock/products/glock-hackathorn-sets

Not sure about the 43 sights, but regular Hackathorn sights are normal Glock height - .165" front and .256" rear.  I have Ameriglo Pro-Glo sights for regular double stack Glocks on my 43 and the rear sight isn't too wide for the slide.

Thanks for the info, and good to know about the regular Hackathorn set not being too wide. I did see the notch width on Ameriglo's site but not the sight height.

Could you verify those .165" and .256" numbers? Normal factory Glock plastic G19 sights are about .160" front and .170"-.175" rear (I use .175" on my 43, and would need a .180" if the front is .165"). That .256" rear sounds pretty high, maybe a typo? 

Thanks

Edited by Yondering

1 hour ago, Yondering said:

Thanks for the info, and good to know about the regular Hackathorn set not being too wide. I did see the notch width on Ameriglo's site but not the sight height.

Could you verify those .165" and .256" numbers? Normal factory Glock plastic G19 sights are about .160" front and .170"-.175" rear (I use .175" on my 43, and would need a .180" if the front is .165"). That .256" rear sounds pretty high, maybe a typo? 

Thanks

All of the factory plastic front sights are .165", same with the front sight that comes with the Ameriglo Hackathorn set.  For the rear sight Glock includes the part of the sight that goes into the dovetail cut (i.e., the overall height of the sight itself), so their measurement is longer than other sight manufacturers who measure the rear sight as just the height over the top of the slide.  Glock OEM 17/19/26 rear sights are 6.5mm (.256") and the 43 rear is 6.1mm.

On 9/2/2019 at 12:44 PM, obsessiveshooter said:

Like the title says, I'd like to get an upgraded sight set for my wife's g43. Black rear and tritium or Fiber Optic front. I see the options, and I'm concerned about getting a sight set that is overly biased towards site acquisition versus accuracy. We have dawson sights on everything else, perhaps we should stick with dawson?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I already don’t shoot my Glock’s particularly well...  I think that of you are already using the Dawson sights and having no major issues, why change?

ive personally found that the Trojans HDR work for me... but again, I wouldn’t change if Dawson sights are what you are used to.

11 hours ago, Southpaw said:

All of the factory plastic front sights are .165", same with the front sight that comes with the Ameriglo Hackathorn set.  For the rear sight Glock includes the part of the sight that goes into the dovetail cut (i.e., the overall height of the sight itself), so their measurement is longer than other sight manufacturers who measure the rear sight as just the height over the top of the slide.  Glock OEM 17/19/26 rear sights are 6.5mm (.256") and the 43 rear is 6.1mm.

Thanks. I was measuring from the top of the slide, and had forgotten Glock measured theirs from the bottom of the dovetail.