Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 22 belt/holster set up USPSA

Stafford

What do I need to get? Was looking at the Shootersconnectionstore for a double alpha belt and saw that shootersconnection has ther own belt. Is it a good choice?

Saw some holsters but then there were attachments, hangers, screws, etc.... Really not sure what to get. I thought I might just call the store and ask what I need, but I thought I’d ask here first. I’ll also need mag pouches to go with the belt.

Does anyone sell a complete rig already set up?

The Shooter’s Connection belt is great. I have Ghost pouches on mine, and they work well so far. They’re more versatile than my Safariland setup. I use either a Blade-Tech or Red Hill Tactical holster. I had a few Blade-Tech DOH hangars, but just got the RHT hangar and it’s much better. 

I have a rig set up for a Glock 34, pretty similar to what you’ll want. I’m using a CR Speed belt, Blade-tec holster and mag holders and a Boss Hanger. Any of the belts you mentioned would be fine. Shooters Connection is a one stop store for everything you’ll need. BTW, I’d buy 3 double pouches. 

You didnt mention what division you're setting up a rig for... I'd assume limited since you're shooting 40, but it doesn't sound like you're talking about race holsters.

Assuming you're ok with kydex, ben stoeger pro shop sells a complete rig with holster, hanger, belt and pouches. It's what I have for my G34. On the rare occasion I shoot limited with a G22, I just use this rig and leave the pouches in their Production configuration

Yeah, I’m planning to do Limited with the G22 gen4, but I also have a G17 Gen5 that I could use in Production. So, having options with the same set up would be good - assuming they would both be usable in the same holster. I’m ok with kydex.

57 minutes ago, Stafford said:

If you plan to use this for production too, you're going to want more mag pouches. I also think the BOSS holster hanger is essential. This one:

https://benstoegerproshop.com/bsps-boss-doh-holster-5-x-ghost-magazine-pouches-double-alpha-academy-daa-belt-deal/

Edited by TrackCage

10 minutes ago, BelRiose said:

The holster hangar sets the gun up in the best position (allowable within division rules) for a draw. The good ones are adjustable.

And it doesn’t flex like the plastic DOH when you draw gun