Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate battery issues

xjwalt666

Just picked up a brand new Czechmate from a local FFL and having some issues with it. Doesn't matter which barrel, comp, or sight block is on it it's very sluggish going into battery. A couple times it's not ejecting and leaving the spent case in the chamber but usually it stops about 1/4" out of battery. Give it a little push and it goes in. If you rack it by hand it'll go in but while shooting it doesn't. It may need to be broken in a bit more. But it does it with factory and hand loads. There are an awful lot of machining marks on the slide and with how long the rails are there are only a small portion at the front and back that are shiny like they are making contact. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or just keep shooting it and see if it straightens out?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Have you tried major loads or were they all minor? Mine was super tight at first too but i was also shooting 173ish PF from the rip with the factory 10lb spring. Id clean the hell out of it, and then lube up the rails and any contact points. Maybe watch TV and cycle the s#!t out of it for a while. 

a new CM will work fine with anything above 140 PF, i have a couple friends who regularly shoot commercial ammo (and pretty weak ones)  in them without any problem

never seen a CM that requires breaking in. they work fine out of the box.

CZ chambers are by no means tight, if anything, they are quite wide compared with other guns i have seen. free bore is shortish but that will affect only over 30mm reloads and/or funny bullet shapes. 

try a different slide lock pin. i had a similar problem and shortly after the slide lock broke, replaced it and gun was good to go. but if your gun is new, that is not likely

the slide works fine when gun is empty?

nothing has been changed to "improve" the gun, like a supersoft spring? 

if the red dot bracket has been removed/reinstalled/replaced the screws >might< interfere with the internals. also, too much loctite will do the same.

a new CM will work fine with anything above 140 PF, i have a couple friends who regularly shoot commercial ammo (and pretty weak ones)  in them without any problem
never seen a CM that requires breaking in. they work fine out of the box.
CZ chambers are by no means tight, if anything, they are quite wide compared with other guns i have seen. free bore is shortish but that will affect only over 30mm reloads and/or funny bullet shapes. 

try a different slide lock pin. i had a similar problem and shortly after the slide lock broke, replaced it and gun was good to go. but if your gun is new, that is not likely

the slide works fine when gun is empty?

nothing has been changed to "improve" the gun, like a supersoft spring? 

if the red dot bracket has been removed/reinstalled/replaced the screws >might  

Gun is only a week old. I have 3 friends that just got Czechmates and have no issues at all with them. 2 of them are running strictly factory ammo. Other is running a minor steel load. It does the same thing with the barrel out and just cycling the empty slide by hand. You can feel the resistance.

Have you tried major loads or were they all minor? Mine was super tight at first too but i was also shooting 173ish PF from the rip with the factory 10lb spring. Id clean the hell out of it, and then lube up the rails and any contact points. Maybe watch TV and cycle the s#!t out of it for a while. 
The reloads I tried in internet quite major but close to it. About 160pf. I cleaned it up real good last night and sat at the bench for about 20 minutes racking it. Going to take it out today and see if there is any improvement.

My slide fit was very tight when i first got it, so much so that it was hard to rack.  Before i shot it i kept it real wet and racked it for a while.  Next day i shot about 400 rounds through her and that's about the point everything started working properly.  Everything's buttery smooth now.

My slide fit was very tight when i first got it, so much so that it was hard to rack.  Before i shot it i kept it real wet and racked it for a while.  Next day i shot about 400 rounds through her and that's about the point everything started working properly.  Everything's buttery smooth now.
Good to know. I've spent time every night racking it like crazy. Going to take it hopefully tonite to try it out.

When my CM was new it failed to eject factory (minor) ammo with the factory recoil spring. The gunsmith at the shop installed the lightest recoil spring he had (don't remember the poundage) and from that point on the gun functioned fine in this respect.

• 2 weeks later...

Try re-clocking the comp/ sight block. It might be misaligned a  very tiny bit. Happened to me once, slide will not close completely while racking. over tightening the comp to barrel was my experience.

thank you, 

Mark Santos

• 2 weeks later...
Try re-clocking the comp/ sight block. It might be misaligned a  very tiny bit. Happened to me once, slide will not close completely while racking. over tightening the comp to barrel was my experience.
thank you, 
Mark Santos
The slide has the same issues regardless of barrel combo. Even with the slide off you can feel resistance sliding it back and forth. Waiting to hear back from cz on the issue but it really looks like it was a Friday 430 type build. Slide rails were never finished and it is binding.

2 hours ago, xjwalt666 said:

The slide has the same issues regardless of barrel combo. Even with the slide off you can feel resistance sliding it back and forth. Waiting to hear back from cz on the issue but it really looks like it was a Friday 430 type build. Slide rails were never finished and it is binding.

i saw few new  cz  tso with deformed rails like banana .🍌 but fit was very loose .

not friday 4:30   all day  monday  work.

Edited by yigal