Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AP Matches AZ or CA

JD1979

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The last place we were shooting AP in SoCal was at Prado, but stopped a few years ago.  The range tore out our mover and recut berms for the USPSA club, which has over 100 shooters each weekend.

Kyle Schmidt at Rio Salado, used to run about 4 matches a year from Jan to April, but the Superstition Mountain and the JP PCC championships has interfered with his matches the last few years.

Seiichi

• 3 months later...

JD1979,

I feel your pain.  The practice match and the scored match they used to have at Prado, as itchy mentioned, was great and is now greatly missed.  There is non-reactive steel, accuracy based, Virginia count match held at the Palm Springs Gun Club on the 4th Saturday of every month.  It's called the Speeding Zone II.  It's not a Bianchi match but offers several diverse gun handling challenges along with some challenging accuracy demanding stages as well.  Check it out if you get the chance.

Cheers,

RH

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2019 at 3:49 PM, JD1979 said:

Does anyone know if there are still any Action Pistol matches in the Southern CA, or AZ? I know most have been shut down, but I still have hope..

Pima Pistol Club north of Tucson runs AP matches twice a week on Wednesday mornings.

RTL

On 4/24/2020 at 2:25 PM, rtl said:

Pima Pistol Club north of Tucson runs AP matches twice a week on Wednesday mornings.

RTL

OK, I know AZ doesn't do daylight savings but how many Wednesdays are in a week in Tucson? 🤪

14 hours ago, Gregg K said:

OK, I know AZ doesn't do daylight savings but how many Wednesdays are in a week in Tucson? 🤪

😃  Seems like a lot more than I remember.  1st and 3rd are the matches.

RTL