Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass Ejector Monkey

Dan4147

I like to do my own "tuning", some times the hard way but that's ok.  I don't like to give up.  But I am at a standstill point.  I CANNOT get brass to eject 2-3 oclock or backwards in my GT.  It goes forward into the back of the dot mount.  And, 1 out of 10 cases bounce back into the chamber.  That's the issue.  If someone can give me a new idea PLEASE chime in.  I always wanted to have a GT and would like to use it in matches (replacing my frankenstein Para).  I don't mind the damage but can't go with the fte.  Please don't suggest getting a different gun (already have one) or a 90 degree mount (don't want one).  Prefer not to send it off to a expert, just because I enjoy working it myself.

I have tried;

on my 3rd ejector cage, trying every length and angle in the world.  Really!

recoil springs from 9 to 13, even a long slide 11 spring.

2 extractors, 1 tuned and polished and bump filed, 1 stock (both 9mm).

stock and extra power extractor spring.

various major powders but staying with AC 7.5 to 7.6gr, 124 jhp rmr, 1.145

gun oiled wet and dry.

various magazines with stock follower and grams.

fwiw not connected I have PD bolo and Henning flat trigger installed (man it's sweet).

I hope someone knows something to try that I have completely missed.

IMG_20190830_214800494a.jpg

IMG_20190830_214934825b.jpg

You might have more luck in there for sure. There are ways to adjust the direction by facing the ejector...but unlike a 1911 or 2011 there isnt much surface area on the face of the ejector so that is gonna make it  more difficult to do it.

I am super curious what can be done to sort this out!

21 hours ago, BigAm said:

You might have more luck in there for sure. There are ways to adjust the direction by facing the ejector...but unlike a 1911 or 2011 there isnt much surface area on the face of the ejector so that is gonna make it  more difficult to do it.

I am super curious what can be done to sort this out!

Went to open pistols