Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 Revo and Evo Issues?

Hey guys, been in and out of here for a while now.  I’ve kept up with most of the threads but I haven’t been overly granular with each post.

If you’ve seen posts here before i was considering moving from Blue to MK7...  with that said, I have been putting it off due to the issues MK7 was having getting their press to function consistently.

have these issues been worked

out?  I’ll gladly make the move, but could never do it if the press is just not running reliably.

I have the opportunity to jump

into either the revo or evo based o. A gift and am trying to figure out if most people are rolling smoothly these days.

Based on conversations with Dan and the people at MK7, everything being out out of pretty much flawless (powder drop +\-.3) across the board.

Can anyone confirm that all issues (for the most part) are now fixed and taken care of?

BC

One thing to add to the questions asked via DM.

So far on my Revolution I have upgraded or will upgrade (at their cost):

• Primer collator drum.
  • Automatic powder dispenser assembly.
  • Case feeder assembly.
  • Primer disk.
  • Primer sub plate
  • Toolheads (waiting on parts to ship the ones I have).

Basically, bringing my Revolution to the most current version. Since the past year a lot of improvements have been made to the press. I definitely would recommend it to anyone considering it, especially for the tech support which has been outstanding in my case.

You can thank me later for basically being a beta tester. ;) 

5 hours ago, tanks said:

One thing to add to the questions asked via DM.

So far on my Revolution I have upgraded or will upgrade (at their cost):

• Primer collator drum.
  • Automatic powder dispenser assembly.
  • Case feeder assembly.
  • Primer disk.
  • Primer sub plate
  • Toolheads (waiting on parts to ship the ones I have).

Basically, bringing my Revolution to the most current version. Since the past year a lot of improvements have been made to the press. I definitely would recommend it to anyone considering it, especially for the tech support which has been outstanding in my case.

You can thank me later for basically being a beta tester. ;) 

Already thankful to those original adopters!  

Cheer for the info via DM!  

Cheers brother!

@tanks: Why new toolheads?

I have Evolution Pro, generation 1. I have replaced case feeder and powder measure with Dillon ones since the Mk7 ones didn't work. Powder measure had a lot of variance, Hornady case feeder gave a lot of upside down cases or cases stuck in the feeder.

Now I am waiting for some primer system parts since I am getting crushed primers all the time. Quite a lot of these problems come from the fact that parts have been made out of aluminum, which clearly isn't good material for this kind of machine. Dillon uses steel for a good reason...

When the machine works, it is awesome. But having all these issues, owning a generation 1 machine practically means that we have been beta-testing a product.
My machine is used by others also and having the primer issues just recently caused that a European top 10 -shooter had to revert to factory ammo in training right a month before European championships. 

17 hours ago, mikamarj said:

@tanks: Why new toolheads?...

The updated toolheads are supposed to have an extra guide for the primer collator to make sure it lines up right. It is not a swap but a modification. After Nationals I will send the spare toolheads I have and then send back the one I have after I get the others back and verify.

Yes. I think so. On my second Revo due to issues, but it's running smoothly. I just processed about 30K 9mm over the last week without a hitch, and probably about 50K total loaded / processed with no issues. . I had a press swapped out due to an issue. The items on Tanks list have been updated/modified. Also the shoulder bolt and rocker assembly. different/deeper shoulder bolt, and I believe different hardening process on the rocker. improved hardening process on index pawl. Different (smaller) housing for the powder-sense. Different (coated) case-feed adapter. My toolheads do both now have the primer guide-pin. I had stacked primer originally, but upgraded to the collator when the press was swapped out, and it's the 'new' version. Electronic powder throw has been within .1 consistently. I was mechanical originally when a lot of folks were complaining of EMI issues. Only issue I've had is some case jams at the feed adapter due to some corn-cob media still being in my brass and causing jams....but that was poor quality control on my part. And I occasionally get an upside down primer - maybe 1 in 3 or 400. Mostly when I'm below 100 primers in the bowl. When I'm doing pure processing and turn on decapsense, it can get dirty after a while and the sensor needs cleaning.  Note that I have pro versions of case and bullet feeder, never had the Hornady case feeder which seems to be a common cause for complaint. I had some downtime for sure on the first Revo - but M7 stood behind everything and got it all taken care of. Sometimes not as quickly as I'd like, but I had cranked out a ton of ammo before the switch anticipating some down-time / learning curve, and I still had my 650 running so it wasn't a big deal to me overall.