Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lightest 10/22 Barrel

l98ster

10 hours ago, zzt said:

I was going to do the same until I talked to Todd at Wiland, and read some reviews here.  Todd won't quote anything other than 1.5" at 50 yards, for obvious reasons.  He will tell you he gets much better grouping with his steel load.  That is for 9mm.

Here is what I went with for an ultra-light build.  Blackhawn Axion stock,  18 oz.  Tactical Innovations left hand receiver with bolt, charging handle and Tactical Solutions V-block and screws, 17 oz.  Weigand LLW 16.1" barrel (5.5" barrel with brazed on shroud).  11 oz.  Romeo5 red dot, 5.1 oz.  Kidd Single Stage trigger and pins, ?.  Hasn't arrived yet.  So 51.1 oz. so far plus whatever the trigger weighs.  It will be under 4 lbs.

how the heck did you get a TI left handed charging receiver? 
everytime I look they are OOS. 

any pics of the gun? 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, stre-tch said:

everytime I look they are OOS.

They were out of stock on the 'Stainless'.  When I called to ask when, they had just received some that morning.  Ruth said give her 5 minutes and she would put them up on the web site.  She did, so I ordered one with a Nitrided bolt.  Don't have pics yet.  The barrel and trigger aren't here yet.

They have all colors in stock right now.  I just checked.

1 hour ago, zzt said:

They were out of stock on the 'Stainless'.  When I called to ask when, they had just received some that morning.  Ruth said give her 5 minutes and she would put them up on the web site.  She did, so I ordered one with a Nitrided bolt.  Don't have pics yet.  The barrel and trigger aren't here yet.

They have all colors in stock right now.  I just checked.

perfect going to go look 

On 11/2/2019 at 7:44 PM, stre-tch said:

what kind of accuracy are you getting at 50 yards?  

Want to make a LW gun for my younger kids, was going with a ULW Kidd barrel but if this shoots well then I will maybe buy one 

I assume you can’t get it threaded so you can suppress it if wanted to? 

Only 6” barrel with a shroud ...hmmmmm... 

the accuracy is fantastic. One hole accuracy.  As a matter of fact, I personally think he went to far to the accuracy side with a tight chamber.  For steel challenge we need 100 percent reliability.  At speed the barrels like to ftf every once in a while.  Reamed the PCC barrel slightly.  No loss in accuracy, 100 percent reliability in every match since.  The .22 is going back to Todd for his sport chamber ream.  Great products.

13 hours ago, zzt said:

I was going to do the same until I talked to Todd at Wiland, and read some reviews here.  Todd won't quote anything other than 1.5" at 50 yards, for obvious reasons.  He will tell you he gets much better grouping with his steel load.  That is for 9mm.

Here is what I went with for an ultra-light build.  Blackhawn Axion stock,  18 oz.  Tactical Innovations left hand receiver with bolt, charging handle and Tactical Solutions V-block and screws, 17 oz.  Weigand LLW 16.1" barrel (5.5" barrel with brazed on shroud).  11 oz.  Romeo5 red dot, 5.1 oz.  Kidd Single Stage trigger and pins, ?.  Hasn't arrived yet.  So 51.1 oz. so far plus whatever the trigger weighs.  It will be under 4 lbs.

A12C7D91-1AF0-4B32-BEFC-E741AA4F42F9.jpeg

4277329C-2C83-46CE-BAF7-BC98DB8F9658.jpeg

7C4CD4C4-0013-480E-A824-46F9D2AB1789.jpeg

10 hours ago, Hammer002 said:

The .22 is going back to Todd for his sport chamber ream.  Great products.

What 22 ammo are you using that caused problems?   Who makes the cheek piece you added to the stock?

On 11/4/2019 at 8:25 AM, zzt said:

What 22 ammo are you using that caused problems?   Who makes the cheek piece you added to the stock?

All of it.  HV ran for a while then didn’t. The cheek piece is Blackhawk. It’s a two piece, I only used the outside piece and screws. 

On 11/3/2019 at 8:23 PM, Hammer002 said:

the accuracy is fantastic. One hole accuracy.  As a matter of fact, I personally think he went to far to the accuracy side with a tight chamber.  For steel challenge we need 100 percent reliability.  At speed the barrels like to ftf every once in a while.  Reamed the PCC barrel slightly.  No loss in accuracy, 100 percent reliability in every match since.  The .22 is going back to Todd for his sport chamber ream.  Great products.

A12C7D91-1AF0-4B32-BEFC-E741AA4F42F9.jpeg

4277329C-2C83-46CE-BAF7-BC98DB8F9658.jpeg

7C4CD4C4-0013-480E-A824-46F9D2AB1789.jpeg

That’s awesome 

NY state law defines an "assault weapon" as: Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and one or more of the following:

Under New Jersey law, a firearm is classified as an "assault firearm" if it meets the following criteria:[25]

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and at least two of the following:

Edited by jrdoran
update

Well my Wiland 11 oz. 22 barrel finally arrived.  I reduced the diameter of the tenon and fit it to the receiver, assembled the rifle and shot it today.  I had some trouble fully chambering CCI Standard.  I think it was the amount of wax they put on the bullet.  Eley target and Geco Semi Auto worked perfectly At 16 yards the Eley was one hole.  The CCI was a slightly bigger hole.  I had not trouble hitting 2"x3" swinging targets at 50 yards.  That's way, way more than accurate enough for steel.  Final build came in at 3 lb. 11 oz.  It transitions like lightning.

Got my new stainless barrel with the ports today. Put it on my action and only had time for a quick function test before dark. I can tell you that no timer will have a problem picking it up. Ran the Eley Force without a hiccup.  I hope to get to test accuracy tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, tomv said:

So about 2.6 oz less than my Volquartsen Ultralight with no threads. Very nice.

How about a picture from one of you guys?

We are all nuts;     Bobsled racing pays less $$ for weight reduction !!! 

pic:   http://wilandusa.com/10-22-llw-barrel-22lr-sporter-chamber-6875-precision-slip-fit-tenon-diameter/

On 11/20/2019 at 12:30 PM, xpierrat said:

Mine is a work in progress right now.... playing with different things to go lighter than my 2019 gun which is around 3lb 11 oz ..... this one is currently 3lb 5 oz...

75196257_10215451988156839_8755989091499114496_n.jpg

10 hours ago, jrdoran said:

Wiland Stainless Barrel installed;  As it sits now 3lb 7oz ready to go 'bang'.  

image.thumb.png.2f417c1f55be481b92cacc51b5f08227.png

Do both of these have the same barrel except for the finish?

1 hour ago, tomv said:

Do both of these have the same barrel except for the finish?

The actual barrels are the same, except the SS 'barrel' has a comp port.

Although off topic, I'd like to comment on the accuracy of at least my barrel.  I have the standard black barrel without port.  I sighted in in quickly on Sunday and was surprised at how closely all the types of ammo I shot grouped at 16 yards.  Yesterday I ran the new gun through its paces to see whether it would run enough ammo for an entire match.  I shot CCI Standard, Geco Semi Auto, Eley Target and CCI AR Tactical.  With all the ammo I was able to knock down standard Air Rifle sized silhouettes at 50 yards.  The hard ones were the baby chickens.  Their body area was smaller than a nickel, but larger than a dime.  The only ammo that would consistently knock them down was the Eley Target.  This was with the stock resting on my palm and my elbow resting on the bench.  Offhand I was lucky to hit three chickens in five shots.  

So the bottom line is this barrel is way more than accurate enough for Steel Challenge, which is what I bought it for.  On a lark I'm going to buy a scope for it and rests and see how it does in a bench rest competition.