Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unica Trigger Group Set DA/SA

perob

Has anyone had the chance to try out the full Unica Trigger Group Set DA/SA? Just noticed they started to sell a full set with unica hammer, sear, firing pin, firing pin block and springs. 

https://www.tanfoglio.it/shop/tanfoglio-unica/unica-parts-and-accessories/gruppo-di-scatto-completo-unica-per-armi-doppia-azione-double-action-trigger-group-set.html 

How does it compare up against Bolo+Titan and Patriot Springs? In terms of pre-travel, overtravel, reset,creep and weight? 

I have the Unica hammer and unica sear in my backup gun. Paired with the medium xtreme spring, medium xtreme firing pin spring and extreme firing pin block.

It felt a little smoother in DA than the stock hammer. The single is slightly lighter, but the difference seems minor.

I'm going to try fitting the Cajun Gun Works disconnector with the unica hammer. Hopefully that yields a better result.

Ok, so Titan vs unica vs Stock

Titan/Stock, both have similar DA feel. The trigger pressure is very consistent until the full hammer arc, then there is a little of the tanfoglio stacking. 

Unica, the stacking is weird. It feels like it moved all the stacking to the first few millimeters of trigger movement. The half cock position is really high. Once you get passed the initial stacking the DA becomes extremely light. It reminds me of a compound bow cam, heavy up front, then it cams over and goes light.

The single actions are very similar in terms of feel. If I had a trigger weight gauge I could measure them.

On 8/30/2019 at 3:37 PM, CarlB86 said:

Titan/Stock, both have similar DA feel. The trigger pressure is very consistent until the full hammer arc, then there is a little of the tanfoglio stacking. 

Unica, the stacking is weird. It feels like it moved all the stacking to the first few millimeters of trigger movement. The half cock position is really high. Once you get passed the initial stacking the DA becomes extremely light. It reminds me of a compound bow cam, heavy up front, then it cams over and goes light.

The single actions are very similar in terms of feel. If I had a trigger weight gauge I could measure them.

Thanks for the information! How is the reset difference? I feel that the stock xtreme trigger has a tiny bit too long reset. My SA has a crisp sub 2.2 lbs pull, but the DA is a different story with very noticeably stacking and a heavy pull. 

Edited by perob

On 9/2/2019 at 3:14 PM, perob said:

Thanks for the information! How is the reset difference? I feel that the stock xtreme trigger has a tiny bit too long reset. My SA has a crisp sub 2.2 lbs pull, but the DA is a different story with very noticeably stacking and a heavy pull. 

I think that will be mostly related to the disconnector. The Cajun one I'm using isn't as short as the bolo, but I don't ride the reset in my shooting. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/30/2019 at 9:37 AM, CarlB86 said:

that feels like I may pull it too hard easily in high speed.

• 1 month later...