Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sp01 shadow SAO ?

1911vm

Decided  that I want a sp01 shadow SAO.  Will definitely put a dot on it also. Cannot make up my mind wether to order a new one fro CZC. or CGW. Or just wait for a used one to show up for sale and save some money 

If you don't mind used (I pretty much only purchased used guns when I can, YMMV), you can easily get a used DA/SA and drop the SAO trigger in there. Would save you a lot in terms of...everything. Just a thought!

I did this with my DA/SA SP01. 

It's not that hard. I converted my sp01 shadow to sao for a short while. Realised it limited my options for divisions in uspsa so I switched it back. Already have a couple 9mm 1911s to use as single action options. Disassembly is the hardest part. Just a trigger swap and disconnector removal.

I have two shadow 1s converted to SAO its a simple drop in the only hard part is the full dis and re-assembly. You take it down, remove trigger and disconnector, put SAO trigger in, reassemble and then set the set screws. If you do a conversion get a trigger with both pre and over travel screws.

I may have found one but it's not a shadow.  It's a CGW sp01 SAO . My goal is to put a dot on it. And be able to swap slides between it and my shadow.  So if I want a dot or iron sights on either SAO. or DASA. The slides should be interchangeable between shadow sp01 and standard sp01 correct? 

From my understanding, the factory Shadow 2 SA is supposed to have a trigger that rivals the TS. I do not think that is achievable with drop in parts conversion. Not sure though as I have never had the need to do that. Drop in SA trigger is an affordable way if one wants one right now.

https://www.czub.cz/en/produkty/pistole/competition/cz-shadow-2-sa.html 

Edited by abb1

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:04 PM, 1911vm said:

Good information thank you.  But it sounds to me like you have 1 to many. And need to get rid of it.  Haha 

Ha you don't want my pistols, by the time I am done with them they are DONE. I figure by the time the second barrel is shot the frame deserves to be retired so I suggest starting with a nice new one. I do want to do a Shadow 2 SAO but haven't gotten to it because its just so similar to my TSO.

On the TS vs. Shadow SA conversion comments. I have both and for most shooters a well performed conversion on a shadow may actually be preferable. My TSO with the springs I like is well under 2 lbs. and its actually harder to increase the pull than it is to reduce it. My best Shadow conversion is about 2.5lbs. I do NOT recommend buying a SAO factory gun unless its a TS or apparently they are making a factory S2 SAO? But the 75s I have seen SAO are worse than a shadow conversion if you have the right hammer and trigger because you would probably want to replace both if you bought one of those anyway, hope that makes sense.

On 8/31/2019 at 5:00 PM, 1911vm said:

Not for me LOLOLOL 

Was trying to find a good video on how to do the conversion and nothing 

There's nothing to the conversion. You just remove the trigger and swap it for the SA trigger. You also remove the disconnecter from the hammer. Put everything back together and adjust/loctite the travel screws.

On 9/5/2019 at 1:54 PM, inertia said:

I have two shadow 1s converted to SAO its a simple drop in the only hard part is the full dis and re-assembly. You take it down, remove trigger and disconnector, put SAO trigger in, reassemble and then set the set screws. If you do a conversion get a trigger with both pre and over travel screws.

How good of a trigger do you get with shadow 1s converted to SAO. I honestly never tried one just think I want it.  I shoot 1911s how is the trigger compare to that.  And also how is it different that just using SA  on a DASA gun.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:02 PM, Burger_King_Taco said:

There's nothing to the conversion. You just remove the trigger and swap it for the SA trigger. You also remove the disconnecter from the hammer. Put everything back together and adjust/loctite the travel screws.

What was the "guide" or direction you used to set the pre-travel screw?  When I tried to limit the pre travel to a small amount the gun wouldn't fire. As I increased the pre travel amount the condition cleared. Is this adjustment a "seat of the pants" thing?