Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
1911vm

Sp01 shadow SAO ?

Decided  that I want a sp01 shadow SAO.  Will definitely put a dot on it also. Cannot make up my mind wether to order a new one fro CZC. or CGW. Or just wait for a used one to show up for sale and save some money 

If you don't mind used (I pretty much only purchased used guns when I can, YMMV), you can easily get a used DA/SA and drop the SAO trigger in there. Would save you a lot in terms of...everything. Just a thought!

I did this with my DA/SA SP01. 

Make sense.  I am not in a rush. 

It was a great deal but I missed it. But I would still  would have to do the SAO conversation. I  guess I just wait till a SAO comes up.  

Posted (edited)

Not for me LOLOLOL 

Was trying to find a good video on how to do the conversion and nothing 

Edited by 1911vm

It's not that hard. I converted my sp01 shadow to sao for a short while. Realised it limited my options for divisions in uspsa so I switched it back. Already have a couple 9mm 1911s to use as single action options. Disassembly is the hardest part. Just a trigger swap and disconnector removal.

I two have 9mm 1911s . But want a dedicated SAO cz

I have two shadow 1s converted to SAO its a simple drop in the only hard part is the full dis and re-assembly. You take it down, remove trigger and disconnector, put SAO trigger in, reassemble and then set the set screws. If you do a conversion get a trigger with both pre and over travel screws.

Good information thank you.  But it sounds to me like you have 1 to many. And need to get rid of it.  Haha 

Tried a friends TS orange the trigger is totally amazing. is it possible to get the same quality of a trigger out of SP01 shadow conversion  to a SAO

Yeah I grabbed a TS hammer for mine as it is the wider version for the shadows and the straight trigger with no hook at the bottom. Super short reset and nice break.

I may have found one but it's not a shadow.  It's a CGW sp01 SAO . My goal is to put a dot on it. And be able to swap slides between it and my shadow.  So if I want a dot or iron sights on either SAO. or DASA. The slides should be interchangeable between shadow sp01 and standard sp01 correct? 

Very nice.  Hopefully I be able to post one soon.  Talked to Dave from CGW. just need to makeup my mind

From my understanding, the factory Shadow 2 SA is supposed to have a trigger that rivals the TS. I do not think that is achievable with drop in parts conversion. Not sure though as I have never had the need to do that. Drop in SA trigger is an affordable way if one wants one right now.

https://www.czub.cz/en/produkty/pistole/competition/cz-shadow-2-sa.html 

Edited by abb1

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:04 PM, 1911vm said:

Good information thank you.  But it sounds to me like you have 1 to many. And need to get rid of it.  Haha 

Ha you don't want my pistols, by the time I am done with them they are DONE. I figure by the time the second barrel is shot the frame deserves to be retired so I suggest starting with a nice new one. I do want to do a Shadow 2 SAO but haven't gotten to it because its just so similar to my TSO.

On the TS vs. Shadow SA conversion comments. I have both and for most shooters a well performed conversion on a shadow may actually be preferable. My TSO with the springs I like is well under 2 lbs. and its actually harder to increase the pull than it is to reduce it. My best Shadow conversion is about 2.5lbs. I do NOT recommend buying a SAO factory gun unless its a TS or apparently they are making a factory S2 SAO? But the 75s I have seen SAO are worse than a shadow conversion if you have the right hammer and trigger because you would probably want to replace both if you bought one of those anyway, hope that makes sense.

On 8/31/2019 at 5:00 PM, 1911vm said:

Not for me LOLOLOL 

Was trying to find a good video on how to do the conversion and nothing 

There's nothing to the conversion. You just remove the trigger and swap it for the SA trigger. You also remove the disconnecter from the hammer. Put everything back together and adjust/loctite the travel screws.