Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safety engagement issues with my Atlas Titan.

nikdanja

I’m able to move the safety into the safe position when the hammer isn’t cocked back. Any idea what the issue is?

Gun is 3 years old with thousands of rounds thru it. This is not an Atlas issue. Something is worn and needs replacing. 

I’m able to move the safety into the safe position when the hammer isn’t cocked back. Any idea what the issue is?

Gun is 3 years old with thousands of rounds thru it. This is not an Atlas issue. Something is worn and needs replacing. 
is the safety dropping when hammer is back if you pull trigger hard or numerous times?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

is the safety dropping when hammer is back if you pull trigger hard or numerous times?

Yes it happened once, But I couldn’t recreate it.  

Yes it happened once, But I couldn’t recreate it.  

then fit a new safety just to be safe  

https://atlasgunworks.com/product/atlas-gunworks-high-grip-shielded-ambi-thumb-safety/

I have these on Lebronze AMD they allow me to get left hand really high without sweeping them up. I still took a dremel and made a deeper detent just to be safe

This also happened to me on a "new-to-me" open gun.  

It had a lightened hammer that would allow the safety to be engaged when the hammer was down.  

Never noticed it during practice, but found out the hard way at a sectional match unloaded start. 

YMMV.