Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
RawTime

How to make it softer.

9 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Well, that's good for 3 months - THEN try the 115's -  just might help you out.    :) 

I would LOVE    💓    to see that gun in action - as Racinready mentioned.  Is it accurate ?

thats the plan haha. gonna try a few 115 just to see

3 minutes ago, zzt said:

So try them with a very slow powder.  If that doesn't work, switch to 115s and use the 124s for minor.

got some aa7 an 3n38 today hopeful to see results

OK, so i loaded up a bunch of test samples. ill chrono thr first 5. see which gets me PF. then see how they feel each as far as dot movement and feel. etc. i will aslso try and get video loads i worked

124 gn RMR JHP  /  WIN SRP   /    OAL 1.225   /   AA7 Powder- 8.7, 9.0, 9.4, 9.7, 10GN

124 gn RMR JHP   /  WIN SRP   /   OAL 1.235  /  VV 3n38  - 9.6, 9.8, 10, 10.2

1.243-48    /  VV3n38- 10.2

I am probably going to go early to test, and am definitly gonna also roll a 9.3 gn of the VV 3n38 at 1.235

thanks again for everyones support. i will keep you all updated

It might have served you better to do a smaller ladder with your loads. Say, start at 8.6 with the AA7, then to 8.8, 9.0, 9.2, 9.4, etc. Check for overpressure on those higher charged rounds.

6 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

It might have served you better to do a smaller ladder with your loads. Say, start at 8.6 with the AA7, then to 8.8, 9.0, 9.2, 9.4, etc. Check for overpressure on those higher charged rounds.

I was trying to but it was so finnicky on the powder that I just did what came out. This is more to find what even makes pf. I will test come home load more lil ladder from pf and up and see what I get. Thanks grumpy

FWIW, you will likely need a larger powder charge of AA#7 than 3n38.  I needed about 1 grain more when I was trying it.  

So 9.6 of 3n38 made 174 and was pleasant. 

Aa7 @ 10.0 made 165. 

Unfortunately I had feeding issues due to the barrel being to tight up by the comp. sent it back to get worked on. 

Excited to develop this more. Thank you everyone for the advice. I normally find a load that makes pf and go with it. Finding the money spot is more fun and I’m sure will pay off in long run. Unless I use vv haha. 💴💴

On 8/27/2019 at 1:02 PM, RawTime said:

gattt.jpg

Just wanted to chime in and say that this setup looks really  unique and cool

2 hours ago, UpYoursPal said:

Just wanted to chime in and say that this setup looks really  unique and cool

Thanks brother appreciate that. I am really excited to get to shooting it. Fingers crossed for nationals!!

Boom boom. Just got confirmation she ships back Monday. Gonna snag some 115 gn bullets when I get home from Utah state and develop a load with some aa7

I tried three different powders so far, hs6 has less recoil than cfe pistol and N350 has softer recoil than hs6, all these test were around 168/170 pf..     

I tried hs6 in my 9 major. I didn’t notice too much difference in cfe

less popples, better comp ( or same comp with less popples)  lighterbullet with more powder,  heavier slide

4 hours ago, TONY BARONE said:

There are a lot of things to dampen slide velocity other than powder.

Could you elaborate? 

3 hours ago, Joe4d said:

less popples, better comp ( or same comp with less popples)  lighterbullet with more powder,  heavier slide

Yeah problem is the guns built. Rather work with what there is not rebuild 

17 hours ago, echotango said:

FPS's, springs, lubes.

Thank you. I normally use Lucas gun oil or Mobil 1 synthetic 

So this shooters world major. Having some issues with search. It’s comparable to 3n38? 

1 hour ago, RawTime said:

So this shooters world major. Having some issues with search. It’s comparable to 3n38? 

it is slower than 3n38.  Very similar (rumors exist that it is identical) to AA#7

Awesome. I will have to grab some and try it out if anyone has it local