Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommended Posts

Can you put a vertical fore grip on and be legal in USPSA  matches in  PCC division?

Thought I read somewhere you could but it could not be longer than 7" in length.

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, dmshozer1 said:

Can you put a vertical fore grip on and be legal in USPSA  matches in  PCC division?

Thought I read somewhere you could but it could not be longer than 7" in length.

The rules, believe it or not, are vague on this matter. I just looked at PCC Appendix and there is no mention of them. But it does say all applicable handgun rules apply to pcc. Then Chapter 5 says no stock or foregrips on handguns. While I believe they are fine on a carbine I really don't see black and white permission.

Share this post


Link to post

PCC is all about speed and accuracy. No time to brace wall or port to shoot targets.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jerseyglock said:

PCC is all about speed and accuracy. No time to brace wall or port to shoot targets.

Not my intent.

Not my question.

I did not ask for your opinion.

Asked if the rules say if they are permitted or not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, dmshozer1 said:

Can you put a vertical fore grip on and be legal in USPSA  matches in  PCC division?

Thought I read somewhere you could but it could not be longer than 7" in length.

Found this,

5.1.8.1.

In red highlight.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, dmshozer1 said:

Found this,

5.1.8.1.

In red highlight.

?

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, dmshozer1 said:

Found this,

5.1.8.1.

In red highlight.

I don’t even see 5.1.8.1 in the rules?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Sarge said:

I don’t even see 5.1.8.1 in the rules?

Let me check,

Might have the wrong rule.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, dmshozer1 said:

Let me check,

Might have the wrong rule.

 

 

A competitor who substitutes or significantly modifies a firearm and/or sights during a match without the prior approval of the Range Master will be subject to the provisions of Rule 10.6.1. 5.1.8.1 The mounting or detaching of a magwell, barricade stop or vertical front grip is not considered a significant modification of a firearm.    2019 IPSIC PCC rule  book

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, dmshozer1 said:

 

 

A competitor who substitutes or significantly modifies a firearm and/or sights during a match without the prior approval of the Range Master will be subject to the provisions of Rule 10.6.1. 5.1.8.1 The mounting or detaching of a magwell, barricade stop or vertical front grip is not considered a significant modification of a firearm.    2019 IPSIC PCC rule  book

Ok,

I am looking at IPSIC rules.

I cannot open the USPSA rule book.

No mention of it in the USPSA rules?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dmshozer1 said:

Ok,

I am looking at IPSIC rules.

I cannot open the USPSA rule book.

No mention of it in the USPSA rules?

Not at all. USPSA only has 5.1.8

 A competitor who substitutes or significantly modifies a firearm during a match without the prior approval of the Range Master will be subject to the provisions of Section 10.6.

Edited by Sarge

Share this post


Link to post

Since pcc is kind of "anything goes" in most other areas (mags, lasers, optics, etc.) And only really specific about a very few things (pistol braces, nfa stuff), my local clubs don't seem to care.  Many of my fellow competitors are running some fashion of forward grip or grip aid.  I even saw a competitor with a strap like those short shotguns on his pcc (to be fair, though, he is a disabled vet and it allows him to be safer).   YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Sarge said:

Not at all. USPSA only has 5.1.8

 A competitor who substitutes or significantly modifies a firearm during a match without the prior approval of the Range Master will be subject to the provisions of Section 10.6.

So Sarge,

What do you think?

Sounds like if you left it on during the match it's legal

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dmshozer1 said:

So Sarge,

What do you think?

Sounds like if you left it on during the match it's legal

I have seen them used on PCC's but that doesn't mean they are legal. BUT, I think PCC is pretty much unlimited mods allowed. Like I said though, the rule seems confusing and contradictory. In my humble opinion they are legal for use.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, dmshozer1 said:

So Sarge,

What do you think?

Sounds like if you left it on during the match it's legal

Dave,

    Send Troy an email. He responds pretty quickly. That will end any speculation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Dan Sierpina said:

Dave,

    Send Troy an email. He responds pretty quickly. That will end any speculation.

 

How you doing Dan?

Will do.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, dmshozer1 said:

Ok,

Emailed Troy.

To quote him "Yes, it is"

Done

Allowed or banned?

 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, perttime said:

Allowed or banned?

 

Sorry,

Legal.

Share this post


Link to post

Wow!

 

A solution in under 25 messages.

 

I do believe that's some kind of world record.

 

AD

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ADulay said:

Wow!

 

A solution in under 25 messages.

 

I do believe that's some kind of world record.

 

AD

 

 

Or maybe someone could have just emailed Troy in the beginning and avoided this entire thread. Troy is an amazing wealth of information and I swear, must have memorized the rule book.

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Nevadazielmeister said:

 

Or maybe someone could have just emailed Troy in the beginning and avoided this entire thread. Troy is an amazing wealth of information and I swear, must have memorized the rule book.

Or maybe recalls what he wants to and interprets the rest depending on which way the wind is blowing. Maybe that's just the production shooter in me talking 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TrackCage said:

Or maybe recalls what he wants to and interprets the rest depending on which way the wind is blowing. Maybe that's just the production shooter in me talking 

 

I think you've mistakenly logged into the wrong forum, this is the Enos forum, not that other forum.

b6b000baf8b501efe343cf0eaa1e76ff--howdy-

Edited by Ming the Merciless

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/26/2019 at 8:25 PM, jerseyglock said:

PCC is all about speed and accuracy. No time to brace wall or port to shoot targets.

 

I don't know how it took so many people so much bickering what is clearly stated in the rules as legal - BUT -

 

This has nothing to do with barricades.

 

I have an 8" barrel PCC, I'm 6' tall.

 

I have a vertical grip extended as far as I can comfortably get to the muzzle because if I don't, I'm choking up on the rail. I use it as a handstop more than anything else but where the BCM KAG and other such grips work well, I like bit more vertical to get my entire hand on (not around).

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...