Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

walker bluetooth ear bud

Louro

I don’t want BT for hearing protection, I’m already deaf from fixing Boeing’s for over 3 decades, I have been looking hard at Otto Noizebarriers, and adding different foam inserts for a better seal, as summer is coming to an end I’ll probably get some in the spring. 

https://forum.snipershide.com/threads/otto-noizebarrier-earpro-same-as-new-etymotic-elites.6870288/

On 8/28/2019 at 10:00 AM, 427Cobra said:

I don’t want BT for hearing protection, I’m already deaf from fixing Boeing’s for over 3 decades, I have been looking hard at Otto Noizebarriers, and adding different foam inserts for a better seal, as summer is coming to an end I’ll probably get some in the spring. 

https://forum.snipershide.com/threads/otto-noizebarrier-earpro-same-as-new-etymotic-elites.6870288/

I've been using them for about 6 months now, They are worth every penny I paid for them. The recommended foam insert from that link are very good as well.

Absolutely hated them. Batteries sucked, and didn’t block much noise. Even had one partially fall out halfway through a stage and was ringing the rest of the day. Went back to tradition ear pro. I do shoot open so that doesn’t help

Just got a pair after Area 3 and have used them a few times.  overall I  like them.  I dont know that they would be good for ROing a open gun or and indoor range but for shooting out doors I really like how much cooler they are then my MSA Sordins.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Resurrecting an old thread.... Walker now has a 2nd generation bluetooth earbud (Walker Silencer BT 2.0) that is supposed to improve battery life.   My 1st generation ones lasted over 2 years before the left earbud's lithium battery reached it's recharge life cycle limit and kept saying "left battery low" before shutting off completely.   For the 1st generation, the phone app is also nice to control the earbuds but if several people in the vicinity have the same earbuds, it has difficulty isolating your set and does not connect.  Had to walk away from the group to connect the earbuds to the phone.  The alternative is to use the manual sound level adjustments and skip the phone app. 

Will post up how the 2nd generation connectivity to the phone works as they have not been to the range as yet.  They do connect very well sitting here at the desk..... lol.

BC

9 hours ago, BillChunn said:

Resurrecting an old thread.... Walker now has a 2nd generation bluetooth earbud (Walker Silencer BT 2.0) that is supposed to improve battery life.   My 1st generation ones lasted over 2 years before the left earbud's lithium battery reached it's recharge life cycle limit and kept saying "left battery low" before shutting off completely.   For the 1st generation, the phone app is also nice to control the earbuds but if several people in the vicinity have the same earbuds, it has difficulty isolating your set and does not connect.  Had to walk away from the group to connect the earbuds to the phone.  The alternative is to use the manual sound level adjustments and skip the phone app. 

Will post up how the 2nd generation connectivity to the phone works as they have not been to the range as yet.  They do connect very well sitting here at the desk..... lol.

BC

Been running the 2.0's for awhile now, no issues, matter of fact my other Walkers are still going strong after several years and shooting seasons.

Finding the app to be a little wonky, and I think it is and Android 11 issue.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but I've gotten used to dealing with it directly from the buds and not the phone.

Are these the Walker Razor X you all are talking about. Another guy at the last shoot had them and liked them. I'm thinking of getting some for the summer months.

• 3 weeks later...