Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mk7 shell plate retaining spring, where to get.

I just called M7 and ordered a couple. Had an obstructed case that bent the decapping pin which then caught the spring and took it for a ride. 

You are correct, I did not see it on their website either , but you can call them to get it. $9.95 each (don't shoot the messenger). It's listed as spring kit, so I think it may be more than just the shell-plate spring.

Got one in the mail today, just finished processing all my brass and put the other tool head back on to get ready to start loading.  Now I need to wash all the brass.

$10 isn't bad.  I don't expect they will wear to fast now that I have the press figured out.  The first spring probably made it 20k rounds.

I hope you never have to replace the short springs, they are a pain to replace. Took me an hour to get the old one out, I might have to take the whole thing apart to put in the new ones as the clamp holding them is not giving much clearance to put the new ones in.

You have to disconnect the "ejection finger" on the left hand side and the screw closest to the shell plate holds the clamp that holds the spring in place. So, backing out the screw or removing it loosens the clamp that holds the spring. On mine it was way too tight so they had to send me a new complete assembly.