Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP gmr13 buffer questions

After about 25k rounds in pcc division I have nuked my SCS. I changed O rings here and there but never the damn snap ring that retains the weights. It blew apart and I felt the cycling change during stage and ran it one more stage to finish the match. Got home and was shocked to see how destroyed it was with parts and O ring frags all inside the tube but the gun still ran. 

So I was on here researching and see the top guys are saying to use this https://www.blitzkriegcomponents.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RB5007 with an AR 308 spring. 

Are you guys in agreement that setup is better than the JP short stroke SCS kit? I was about to order the JP short SCS kit and play around with the weights. In my stock Gen 2 SCS I had 4 tungsten because the 3 tungsten and 1 stainless would chew through O-rings and Jp suggested drop my load or change the weight. I want one load for CO and PCC division so I played with the weight and it has been great. If I go to the short stroke kit I am not sure what to do but I am reading on here the top guy Maxmundo is saying to to use the hydraulic and 308 spring. 

Help me out please. 

Well, there's a whole lot of folks that will tell you to use X or Y or Z. They have all decided what they like. It's a tough choice simply because there ARE so many choices and combinations. To me it like asking which is better, a Ford or a Chevy.

I just bought a JP-15 and I like the 5 steel system shooting about 130-135 PF. YMMV

My head hurt after seeing all the hacking and mis-matched stuff being talked about. I went ahead and ordered the SCS short stroke kit and will likely run 5 tungsten on it. I am running a 124grn and its pushing 1200fps. I think the extra weight will off set the short stroke and keep things moving quickly. I will just have to try it and see and possibly make that 5th weight a stainless instead. I am keeping the stock red/yellow spring on the SCS though. 

The buffer-thing tuning/stroking options bothered me so much chasing recoil characteristics I decided to try an MPX again... hopefully it runs and you guys won’t find one fully kitted out in the Classifieds with me taking a $500 or more loss lol!

17 hours ago, ck1 said:

The buffer-thing tuning/stroking options bothered me so much chasing recoil characteristics I decided to try an MPX again... hopefully it runs and you guys won’t find one fully kitted out in the Classifieds with me taking a $500 or more loss lol!

I will never go away from JP. I have seen those sigs crap out many times. My JP has run pcc division since jan 2017 and been flawless. I should have just changed this stupid split washer like I was supposed to. 

I have learned to just find something that works and shoot the hell out of it. It seems there is no limit to chasing this stuff. Some guys are obsessed about a light rifle and I never bothered with that. Just learn to shoot fast with wha you have, lol.