Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Hkfisher

Gun sleeve for carrying to safe table?

On 8/24/2019 at 12:02 AM, waktasz said:

I was mostly referring to the sweeping rule. Go to safe table and use a bushing wrench on your 1911. DQ for sweeping? No, it's not. 

No one has answered this yet? Or did I miss it? 

21 minutes ago, happygunner77 said:

No one has answered this yet? Or did I miss it? 

The applicable rule for sweeping (10.5.5) says during the COF...

i curl my fingers under the end of my holster sometimes when i'm nervous or thinking. thankfully that's nto a dq

Posted (edited)
On 8/29/2019 at 11:38 AM, waktasz said:

The applicable rule for sweeping (10.5.5) says during the COF...

My take on this is there is no sweeping on the safe table with an unloaded firearm. Same thing with a drop gun that's unloaded as it is not a dq when an RO is asked to pick it up. The dropped unloaded gun could be pointing at anyone. 

Same thing with clearing a squib on the safe table. 

Edited by happygunner77

19 hours ago, happygunner77 said:

My take on this is there is no sweeping on the safe table with an unloaded firearm. Same thing with a drop gun that's unloaded as it is not a dq when an RO is asked to pick it up. The dropped unloaded gun could be pointing at anyone. 

Same thing with clearing a squib on the safe table. 

Just to clarify - the dropped gun DQ or not doesn’t depend on whether it’s loaded or unloaded, but on whether it’s during the course of fire or not. 

If it’s between “Make Ready” and “Range Is Clear” and you’re the shooter, it’s a DQ. Otherwise, it isn’t (unless you pick it up yourself). 

52 minutes ago, DKorn said:

Just to clarify - the dropped gun DQ or not doesn’t depend on whether it’s loaded or unloaded, but on whether it’s during the course of fire or not. 

If it’s between “Make Ready” and “Range Is Clear” and you’re the shooter, it’s a DQ. Otherwise, it isn’t (unless you pick it up yourself). 

How about loaded not in the course of fire?😻

I use a gun sock all the time... because a string is a fastener. 

If it wasn't, my shoes would fall off. ;)

Edited by cas

38 minutes ago, cas said:

I use a gun sock all the time... because a string is a fastener. 

If it wasn't, my shoes would fall off. ;)

Which begs the question. Can you pull the trigger with a gun in a sock? Yes you can. Is this not having access to the trigger? I think so.

3 hours ago, Gary Stevens said:

How about loaded not in the course of fire?😻

If you drop a loaded gun not in the course of fire, I’ll just DQ you for 10.5.13 instead of 10.5.3 and avoid the argument at arbitration :)

On 8/31/2019 at 7:43 PM, DKorn said:

We already know this. I brought that up as an example to what waktasz was asking, which is not during a COF. His question is still unanswered whether sweeping is applicable in safe area. 

Edited by happygunner77

I would say no. There are limited ways to clear a squib without sweeping. Even cleaning the barrel involves sweeping.

I have been using a gun sock most of the time for years. Guess I'll start using a zippered bag.

I would say no. There are limited ways to clear a squib without sweeping. Even cleaning the barrel involves sweeping.
Disassemble it first

On 9/2/2019 at 2:58 PM, broadside72 said:
On 9/2/2019 at 9:30 AM, Gary Stevens said:

Disassemble it first

Some times it is easier to leave the barrel installed rather than trying to hold a lose barrel and pound the squib at the same time.

As an example, revolvers are somewhat more difficult to disassemble than automatics.

However, to each his own.