Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legion Brethren, step inside.

PewPewJohnson87

Gun works great. No change for me in accuracy or split time but just feels nicer overall. Not sure I honestly value the change at over $100 dollars, but that's purely subjective.

Where are you placing the Lyman on the trigger? Middle? I’m getting a factory 3 lb 13oz in the middle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Stician said:

Where are you placing the Lyman on the trigger? Middle? I’m getting a factory 3 lb 13oz in the middle

middle on both, the stock gun with the flat trigger and the gg curved trigger and kit. i'm following the normal protocol on using a trigger gauge.

with that in mind, same person, same gun, same gauge just installing the ggi kit reduced my pull an even pound. from 4.5 stock to now 3.5 modified.

i don't want less poundage, but I'd hoped for less pretravel. the overtravel change was great. reset is good as well.

Edited by rowdyb

7 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

middle on both, the stock gun with the flat trigger and the gg curved trigger and kit. i'm following the normal protocol on using a trigger gauge.

with that in mind, same person, same gun, same gauge just installing the ggi kit reduced my pull an even pound. from 4.5 stock to now 3.5 modified.

i don't want less poundage, but I'd hoped for less pretravel. the overtravel change was great. reset is good as well.

Nice.  Thanks for the feedback.

I was finally able to get my gun on the scale yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised, I have plenty of wiggle room. I am curious how much the Legion slide  W/SRO will +/- this current setup.

Here's my current setup until I get my Legion slide back.

X5 slide W/Romeo 1

Tungsten guide rod/14lb spring

Legion Grip module & stock FCU W/springer ext mag release

Silicone carbide added.

FWIW, I did remove some material from the inside of the magwell to open it up some, I didn't go crazy and I can get pics of it if someone wants to see it.

image1 - Copy.jpeg

image2 - Copy.jpeg

8 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Glad to hear about less overtravel. Did the reset feel shorter? I was thinking about grabbing the GG kit but use the legion flat trigger shoe instead. Would you be able to swap the to the legion trigger and see if it makes a difference instead of the curved? 

Yeah, that monsoon at River Bend sucked! I shot stage 1 when it let up for a minute and then bailed on Stage 2, 3 and 4. I consoled myself with a new X5 Legion on the way home. Now I'm trying to decide between the Apex Forward Set trigger kit and Gray Guns Competition kit for my new Legion. I don't necessarily hate the factory trigger but I've been shooting an M&P with the Apex Forward set flat trigger and it's kind of ruined me. Now the Legion trigger just feels like it has way too much travel all over the place compared to my M&P and it's bugging me so I'm thinking it's time to upgrade and do something about it.  The pull weight seems fine it's just the travel distance. I'm sort of leaning towards the Apex just because I know how much it improved my M&P but everyone keeps talking about the gray guns trigger. Which one does a better job with reducing the travel distance, preferably with a nice crisp break? 

Having an issue with the legion. Using Sig's 21rnd mags with taran tactical base plates to get 23 rounds total. If I do a reload while I've got a round in the pipe to a 23rnd mag, it seems the bullets / tension in the mag spring puts to much pressure on the slide and the slide doesn't have enough force to cycle the gun and I get stove pipes. I'm using the exact same mags fully loaded that run flawlessly in my X5 (non legion). Anyone else run into this? Am I relegated to 22 rounds in my 23 round mags? 

9 hours ago, Smithcity said:

Having an issue with the legion. Using Sig's 21rnd mags with taran tactical base plates to get 23 rounds total. If I do a reload while I've got a round in the pipe to a 23rnd mag, it seems the bullets / tension in the mag spring puts to much pressure on the slide and the slide doesn't have enough force to cycle the gun and I get stove pipes. I'm using the exact same mags fully loaded that run flawlessly in my X5 (non legion). Anyone else run into this? Am I relegated to 22 rounds in my 23 round mags? 

I had this happen with the 17 round mags that came with my Legion. My only solution was to download a round.  Standard X5 21 round mags didn't cause the issue. I assume that I am just going to have to get the springs broken in.  

There’s a difference in design. If you look inside at the slide area behind the barrel the X5 has a different ramp than X5L.

20 hours ago, Smithcity said:

you need to add a grams follower to get it to run 100%

Edited by Rich406

My Legion stock trigger was averaging 4lbs 6oz from roughly 2/3rds of the way down the trigger shoe, I use the top of the mag release as a reference point. I swapped in a Sig factory curved trigger because I prefer the reach, and the pull weight went up to 6.5lbs. I had Robert Burke (sigarmorer) do his competition trigger job with the curved trigger and the pull weight is now 4lbs 4oz from that spot, and 3lbs 11oz from the very bottom. His trigger job really reduces the overall length of the trigger pull, the best way I can explain it is like using the Apex M&P FSS trigger. My stock trigger also had a horrible amount of creep, and there's barely any now. 

• 3 weeks later...
If anyone is curious about weight. Mine don’t make it! 
tungsten guide rod, silicone carbide, DPP, 21 rd mags with springer pads and shadow 2 mag release. Need to ditch the tungsten guide rod I guess. 
049D2CB9-8324-4082-BEC4-944082869D36.jpeg.b5d55c6856d39b2f0d3afaaeb4daf863.jpeg

I don’t think the Legion needs it. Very balanced shooting gun as-is. I remember the days when a 5” 2011 with polymer grip and mag well was under 40oz shooting 40s&w.

Now that the field is filled with Shadow2, Stock2, and TXG grips, the differentiator is back to eyes, grip, finger and movement.

23 hours ago, Stician said:

I don’t think the Legion needs it. Very balanced shooting gun as-is. I remember the days when a 5” 2011 with polymer grip and mag well was under 40oz shooting 40s&w.

Now that the field is filled with Shadow2, Stock2, and TXG grips, the differentiator is back to eyes, grip, finger and movement.

I shot it for the first time yesterday with the Tungsten guide rod. Bit disappointed. I could tell zero difference. Guess its coming back out. 

4 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Have you shot the steel guide rod and the tungsten side by side? Thanks, Eric

Not yet. Going to tomorrow hopefully.
Shot the legion yesterday at Riverbend. Gun ran great. Using the barrel out of my standard X5 until after the NC state match. Then I’m sending it back to Sig to swap the barrel. 

37 minutes ago, jpm2953 said:

It did on one scale. Not another. Too close for comfort. I just put the stainless guide rod back in it. 

another option is drilling out the grip weight, if you want to keep the tungsten guide rod.