Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legion Brethren, step inside.

PewPewJohnson87

Is everyone's triggers this good out the box? I just got my extended mag release from springer in the mail today, so I put it back together and decided to mate it with my standard X5 slide and shoot it this weekend in prep for the Georgia state match in 2 weeks. I was curious about the trigger pull, so I pulled out the Lyman digital... and out of 10 pulls the Average was just under 3lbs. I couldn't believe it, I check it 2 more times (yes 30 pulls total) and it was identical. I remember checking my original X5 trigger and it was 8lbs with out a round through it, after 1k rounds it was 6.4lbs, I installed the GG competition kit and it was 3.4lbs, and tonight that same GG kit is 3.3lb with almost 13k rounds on it.

Everything about the Legion trigger just feels better imo. What are you guys getting out of your triggers out of the box?

IMG_1766.jpg

Dang. That’s nice. I’d love to pick up a legion. My stock X5 is right over 4lbs. Not sure I want to invest $130 into a trigger. 

PS- I’m in GA too. Missing GA state but I’ll be at Riverbend Saturday. 

6 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Where are you testing the trigger pull from? Thanks, Eric

Where are you supposed to measure from?

Cars are rated at max horsepower usually at the highest rpm but you dont drive around on the rev limiter

2 hours ago, LawDog324 said:

Typically you would measure where your finger rest on the trigger with a normal grip, right at the center point or just below center.

i noticed that on this forum but every one have different areas 

I actually had to send my Legion back to the factory. I have an X Carry for my EDC before I bought the Legion. The X Carry just plain shoots. I then brought the Legion to the range and I noticed I was short stroking the trigger but i was not doing it on the X Carry. I then slowly let out the trigger and it clicked as though it reset but wasn't. i then let it out a little further and it clicked again and finally reset. I shoot to reset so my finger was telling my brain it was time to pull the trigger again on the first click. My X carry didn't do that and tried another legion's trigger at the gun store and it didn't do it......sooooooo just waiting for it to come back. 

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:20 PM, jpm2953 said:

Dang. That’s nice. I’d love to pick up a legion. My stock X5 is right over 4lbs. Not sure I want to invest $130 into a trigger. 

PS- I’m in GA too. Missing GA state but I’ll be at Riverbend Saturday. 

I wish I would have checked this yesterday, I was at Riverbend as well today, we could have met Face to Face and you could have fondled the Legion. Next weekend I will be at SRGC, just look for the Black guy with a SAPSC shirt on lol.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:06 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Where are you testing the trigger pull from? Thanks, Eric

I was checking it at the lowest point of the trigger where it curves back up. I found this was the best place to check the weight, because it would not slip off and cause skewed readings.

16 hours ago, apetrulis01 said:

I actually had to send my Legion back to the factory. I have an X Carry for my EDC before I bought the Legion. The X Carry just plain shoots. I then brought the Legion to the range and I noticed I was short stroking the trigger but i was not doing it on the X Carry. I then slowly let out the trigger and it clicked as though it reset but wasn't. i then let it out a little further and it clicked again and finally reset. I shoot to reset so my finger was telling my brain it was time to pull the trigger again on the first click. My X carry didn't do that and tried another legion's trigger at the gun store and it didn't do it......sooooooo just waiting for it to come back. 

That sucks, I hope you get it back soon. I have an X-Carry as well with an RMR, the factory trigger is god awful, I'm considering the option of getting another GG kit or sending it to The Sig Armor. I'm just not sure I want to spend $300+ for the trigger work and I dnt know anyone who's sent him a gun, I'd like to see how the trigger feels before I drop that coin.

13 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I shot my Legion grip for the first time today on my standard P320X5 at River Bend in the rain. The tungsten grip is a game changer for me. I like the way it feels under recoil and it shoots very flat with my 125 grain loads. Thanks, Eric

I was there for the Monsoon  as well, but left after it wouldn't slow down and I had planned to take my daughters to the movies. Did you texture your Legion grip module at all? I did the silicone carbide because I have a bad case of sweaty palms, I hate all the grip paste that most people use (clean freak lol)

20 minutes ago, PewPewJohnson87 said:

I was there for the Monsoon  as well, but left after it wouldn't slow down and I had planned to take my daughters to the movies. Did you texture your Legion grip module at all? I did the silicone carbide because I have a bad case of sweaty palms, I hate all the grip paste that most people use (clean freak lol)

That rain sucked. I left after 6 stages. 

Hello: I just have pro grip on my hands and grip for now. I am right at 44.27ozs so I may have to to give up something so I can put some tape or silicon carbide on it. I have not seen anyone yet texture the tungsten grip with an iron yet. The rain did let up but the ground was a little soupy. Tear down it was not raining. Thanks, Eric

Talon grip installed yesterday. GG trigger kit ordered as well over the weekend. We'll see how it changes the feel of the trigger since they say it won't do anything to the poundage of the x5 legion. My stock trigger was 4.5lbs over and over.

23 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I just have pro grip on my hands and grip for now. I am right at 44.27ozs so I may have to to give up something so I can put some tape or silicon carbide on it. I have not seen anyone yet texture the tungsten grip with an iron yet. The rain did let up but the ground was a little soupy. Tear down it was not raining. Thanks, Eric

Grip Undercut Front & Rear, Shaved down and stippled... better than grip tape.

20190818_184132.jpg

6 hours ago, 2011BLDR said:

Grip Undercut Front & Rear, Shaved down and stippled... better than grip tape.

20190818_184132.jpg

Do you prefer stippling to silicon carbide? I just bought the stuff to do my own since I've done a decent amount of stippling on other pistols I was wanting to try something different.

1 hour ago, Akkid17 said:

Do you prefer stippling to silicon carbide? I just bought the stuff to do my own since I've done a decent amount of stippling on other pistols I was wanting to try something different.

Prefer to  reduce ( adjust the natural  sight index) and stipple... 

On 8/25/2019 at 10:02 PM, rowdyb said:

Talon grip installed yesterday. GG trigger kit ordered as well over the weekend. We'll see how it changes the feel of the trigger since they say it won't do anything to the poundage of the x5 legion. My stock trigger was 4.5lbs over and over.

Keep us updated. I'm curious to know more about GG trigger in a Legion.

fedex says it will arrive today, if it does so before 2pm central then i'll have it in the gun and on the range today. if not, tomorrow. i did also opt for the more traditional curved trigger, so we'll see how that goes as well. with the over travel sleeve, thinner gauge trigger bar spring there should be some noticable differences. right?

3 hours ago, rowdyb said:

fedex says it will arrive today, if it does so before 2pm central then i'll have it in the gun and on the range today. if not, tomorrow. i did also opt for the more traditional curved trigger, so we'll see how that goes as well. with the over travel sleeve, thinner gauge trigger bar spring there should be some noticable differences. right?

I would assume it would give some differences and hopefully in a positive manner. Could you check if it's possible to run the flat legion trigger shoe with it as well and if that makes any differences? 

I remember reading a forum post on a different page and there was someone who claimed a 2-2.5lbs trigger pull with a cleaner break and shorter reset. But I find that maybe a bit too hard to believe. 

Edited by perob

• kit had all the parts. to my house in 3 days via shooters connection. came with two extra sear springs which i didn't realize was the case.
  • installed fine with no fitting of parts. just careful attention and finesse. no files or sanding or anything.
  • initial "feel" is tiny bit less pre travel. much less over travel. softer break. softer feeling break.
  • reset is still tactile
  • with same gauge and zero rounds fired on the new trigger i get a very consistent 3.5lbs break. i am using the curved trigger as i prefer it over flat.

looking just at the triggers visually it looks like you could use the stock, flat, legion trigger with the kit.

everything function checked fine. off to range now.

Edited by rowdyb