Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super 1050 Tear Down

I am doing a complete disassembly of one of my 1050's. How does one separate the crank shaft from the crank arm? There is a key on the shaft and I assume that is what is preventing the shaft from sliding out the right side of machine. Gotta be an easy way.

Dillon1050Shaft.png

The cap screw on the left was the first thing I removed. The crank shaft slides out about an inch to the right then stops.

Maybe the RH bearing was press fit in and needs some taping to get out? I'm thinking maybe the key is hitting it. But the other 2 bearings just slid out.

Got it. Had to take upper pin 10994 out to remove link arm and mainshaft (should have don it earlier). With that out of the way crank just needed a bit of a tap to slide out.

Really nice to have this press completely cleaned up after several years of processing brass.

While reassembling today I found that the rectangular piece that fits into 11061 is a pretty tight fit when sliding back in to 11062. With grease underneath that rectangular piece it won't slide into the groove in 11062.  Grease can be around it, just not underneath it.... at least on my machine.

Also, unless you're just dying to really clean the roller bearings and such, there is no need to completely disassemble the ram assembly.  The zerk fittings work well to re-grease everything.

On 8/28/2019 at 6:45 AM, ClayBuster said:

I really need to do this, mines about 8 years old and never been done.   😬

Gottcha beat, mine's 13 years old and never been torn down.  Guess I should do mine too!

• 10 months later...
7 hours ago, JerryG2020 said:

Have any of you guys encountered the “double bump” on the upstroke of the 1050?  It only happens when there is a piece of brass on the resizing station.  Smooth as silk otherwise.

Thanks for the help

Yes, it's the powder funnel being stuck on the inside of the case.