Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CasePro tweak for faster 9mm case processing

I found this, for me, to be much faster than the stock CasePro setup if you do not have a case feeder. The CasePro comes with a 5.5" case feed tube, unless you use a case feeder it's pretty slow.  To speed manual feeding, I bought a standard 650 case feeder tube in 9mm (13.5"), more than twice as long the standard one that comes with the CasePro. It is longer,  and has a smaller diameter than the CasepPro tube and, in 9mm fits nicely into the CasePro without the adapter. It fits pretty welI, but I use a rubber washer from the hardware store to position the tube. Now I can operate the CasePro with my right hand and fill the casefeed tube with my left. Not as fast or easy as a casefeeder, but much cheaper, and for me it seems faster and smoother than the CasePro included tube . Your results may vary.

Further down in the topic is my set up, for CasePro and 650 with one casefeeder. Thanks to Caspian Guy for his suggestion.

Tube Placement.jpg

Washer.jpg

Edited by CenTX
add photos and include casefeeder info

Good idea.

What i did was mount the casepro behind my 650 (where I could swing the case feeder on the 650 mount pole) then I put a spacer under the base of the case pro to get it higher(just a block of wood.) That lets me reuse the Dillon tube and swing the feeder around.

Edited by caspian guy

I owe you.

I had thought about trying that, but eyeballing, it looked like it would not fit. After you mentioned it I went back and re-evaluted my set up. I dismounted my CasePro and actually tried it. The results are not very elegant, but as a proof of concept it works. The mock up pictured actually works, but everything is just sitting there. I'll fabricate a mount, I can permanently mount or  clamp to the work bench and also a sleeve to connect the two Dillon 9mm casefeed tubes.

Thanks again for the nudge to just do it.

Bob

650 and CasePro.jpg

Yea man no worries. I actually raised the casepro up enough with the mount that I could use the Dillon tube as it sits.  But depending on how tall you are and your bench height that might or might not work for you.  (but a tube connector shouldn't be hard)

you may want to look at the hose setup that the roll sizers use, they have a clear plastic hose with a short metal tube that clips into the dillon case feeder and allows you to leave the case feeder in place and just snap the hose into it and use it to feed the sizer. probably easier than turning the case feeder around and shimming the case pro to fit the hard plastic tube spacing.

1 hour ago, MikeBurgess said:

you may want to look at the hose setup that the roll sizers use, they have a clear plastic hose with a short metal tube that clips into the dillon case feeder and allows you to leave the case feeder in place and just snap the hose into it and use it to feed the sizer. probably easier than turning the case feeder around and shimming the case pro to fit the hard plastic tube spacing.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it, that would make it even simpler.

Now, I loosen the set screw on the hopper and rotate 90 degrees. The CasePro is now mounted to pair of shelves I cut and screwed together. I index the front of the shelf to the front of my work bench and the edge of my strong mount, that aligns the feed tubes. I found a piece of round screen from an old carburetor the right size to connect the tubes. I ran a couple of gallon jugs full of brass through it with no issues. So it is usable as is.

IMG_0677.jpg