Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting same match more than once

Rvajma

10 hours ago, rowdyb said:

What I've seen is the bigger the match or the less the help the more they charge, both guns same full price. IF the match is a little smaller and they flow goes a little easier how they do it then the second gun is normally less, for example 1st 25, second 20 bucks.

And to those crying it's an unfair advantage, no it isn't. Everyone has the opportunity to shoot twice. So it is fair. Your finishing position is dependent on your actions alone.

rowdyb....

Check rule# 

6.2.4 Subject to the prior approval of the Match Director, a competitor may enter a match in more than one Division. However, the competitor may compete for match score in only one Division, and that must be the first attempt in all cases. Any subsequent attempts in another Division will not count for match recognition.

Am I reading it wrong or does only the first attempt count for score.

1 hour ago, ddc said:

So in a good year I get to shoot one upper level match. Perhaps a single sectional. No nationals.

Maybe the level 1 matches don't matter to you but they sure as hell matter to me. 

😢

10 hours ago, rowdyb said:

And to those crying it's an unfair advantage, no it isn't. Everyone has the opportunity to shoot twice. So it is fair. Your finishing position is dependent on your actions alone.

This!!! ✌️out

1 hour ago, WaJim said:

Check rule# 

Tell that to the people who run the matches then. I just shoot. And when I shoot twice I seem my scores in the same division lumped in together. For example here I am shooting Limited twice. Which was my first run and which was my second? Who cares, as they treated me as two discreet competitors. I like seeing both scores in there, and both applied to division and the mythical overall. And as you can tell, I'm not the only one at this place.

2time.JPG

Edited by rowdyb

1 hour ago, WaJim said:

Check rule# 

6.2.4 Subject to the prior approval of the Match Director, a competitor may enter a match in more than one Division. However, the competitor may compete for match score in only one Division, and that must be the first attempt in all cases. Any subsequent attempts in another Division will not count for match recognition.

You should read the rule immediately below 6.2.4.

1 hour ago, WaJim said:

rowdyb....

Check rule# 

Read rule 6.2.4.1

As I said above the couple local clubs that I shoot at allow shooting twice.  Rule 6.2.4.1 says only the first run counts.  Unfortunately, Practiscore does not have a feature to let a shooter shoot the second time but the results not count in the match.  At least that I can find.  Then when the web report is generated for upload to USPSA it will include both runs by the shooter.  If I delete the second run and it does not end up on Practiscore to be generated into the web report then it is shorting USPSA an activity fee if the shooter shot 2 different divisions.

25 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

As I said above the couple local clubs that I shoot at allow shooting twice.  Rule 6.2.4.1 says only the first run counts. 

The 6.2.4.1 actually says the opposite:

Level I matches may allow competitors to enter multiple Divisions for match recognition

25 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

Unfortunately, Practiscore does not have a feature to let a shooter shoot the second time but the results not count in the match.  At least that I can find.  Then when the web report is generated for upload to USPSA it will include both runs by the shooter.  If I delete the second run and it does not end up on Practiscore to be generated into the web report then it is shorting USPSA an activity fee if the shooter shot 2 different divisions.

Now I'm confused. If you had allowed competitor to re-enter L1 match per 6.2.4.1, why are you deleting him from results?

But for L2+ matches you shouldn't have allowed re-entry, so removing competitor seem appropriate. 

27 minutes ago, euxx said:

The 6.2.4.1 actually says the opposite:

Level I matches may allow competitors to enter multiple Divisions for match recognition

Now I'm confused. If you had allowed competitor to re-enter L1 match per 6.2.4.1, why are you deleting him from results?

But for L2+ matches you shouldn't have allowed re-entry, so removing competitor seem appropriate. 

I'm not removing the competitor.  I'm putting out there that Practiscore doesn't allow for removing a shooter without affecting the report that gets sent to USPSA.  6.2.4.1 allows reentry in a different division which would generate another activity fee and if the match has a classifier another classifier fee.  That is $3 for the second gun.  

So in a good year I get to shoot one upper level match. Perhaps a single sectional. No nationals.

Maybe the level 1 matches don't matter to you but they sure as hell matter to me. 
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, aandabooks said:

I'm not removing the competitor.  I'm putting out there that Practiscore doesn't allow for removing a shooter without affecting the report that gets sent to USPSA.  6.2.4.1 allows reentry in a different division which would generate another activity fee and if the match has a classifier another classifier fee.  That is $3 for the second gun.  

Could you not ad a number2 in the shooters name so you can tell which was the first run that counts for match recognition ? Would still be scored, as in shooter knows what he got, USPSA would get fee, but if there is any type of recognition, that score doesnt count. Or if people are tracking there position they know to disregard.
As in shooter Tom Jones, and Shooter Tom Jones2

I tried it one time - shot both Open and Limited - in the same squad.

Two problems - 1.  it was a small squad (6 or so) and there was no time - just shoot,

change belt/holster/gun/ammo and shoot - to tape/set steel

2.  the MD gave me results of one shoot, not the 2nd.

If the squad was larger - it might not have mattered as much, but I never tried it

again after that - took too much away from the spirit of the match, IMHO.

12 hours ago, aandabooks said:

And PractiScore is not doing anything incorrect. There is no need to remove competitor from results. You either allow him to re-enter for scores per 6.2.4.1, or don't allow him to re-enter. In either case there is no need to delete and activity fee is correct.

I just don't see why you would allow competitor for no score and still want to submit activity fee for someone who shouldn't have been in the match.

15 hours ago, Joe4d said:

Could you not ad a number2 in the shooters name so you can tell which was the first run that counts for match recognition ? Would still be scored, as in shooter knows what he got, USPSA would get fee, but if there is any type of recognition, that score doesnt count. Or if people are tracking there position they know to disregard.
As in shooter Tom Jones, and Shooter Tom Jones2

That would be a thing that can be done.  Unfortunately, it sounds good in theory that the second run wouldn't count but if this is an upper level type of guy in a local match it might have an impact.  Say on the second entry this shooter takes a stage win.  His first run he scored somewhere below that.  All of the shooters in the division now get a lesser percentage of the stage points.  While he may not count on the second entry for recognition, he has the possibility to affect the match standings. 

If USPSA was scored as time plus it would be a non-issue.  With hit factor scoring it is a bit more complicated.

11 hours ago, euxx said:

And PractiScore is not doing anything incorrect. There is no need to remove competitor from results. You either allow him to re-enter for scores per 6.2.4.1, or don't allow him to re-enter. In either case there is no need to delete and activity fee is correct.

I just don't see why you would allow competitor for no score and still want to submit activity fee for someone who shouldn't have been in the match.

Have you submitted scoring to USPSA and paid the activity fees for a match?  

33 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

Have you submitted scoring to USPSA and paid the activity fees for a match?  

Since we are playing in an unrelated questions game, I'll ask too. Have you volunteered your own time to provide PractiSore support? 😄

43 minutes ago, euxx said:

Since we are playing in an unrelated questions game, I'll ask too. Have you volunteered your own time to provide PractiSore support? 😄

I was just wondering if you had submitted and paid activity fees.  You would then know what USPSA asks you to verify before submitting scores and paying as it relates to shooters in your match.

I have had a couple discussions with Ken online with an issue with Practiscore about a year ago and I am a financial supporter.  I manage the registration and treasurer work for my local club and the 3 times a year that we run 3-gun matches that we utilize Practiscore for.

9 hours ago, aandabooks said:

I was just wondering if you had submitted and paid activity fees.  You would then know what USPSA asks you to verify before submitting scores and paying as it relates to shooters in your match.

You missed my point entirely. If you wanted to delete someone from the match then you are likely not followed USPSA rules in regards to the match participation.

But for the record, I don't have to be an USPSA member to shoot USPSA matches, so I choose not to be one.

9 hours ago, aandabooks said:

I have had a couple discussions with Ken online with an issue with Practiscore about a year ago and I am a financial supporter.  I manage the registration and treasurer work for my local club and the 3 times a year that we run 3-gun matches that we utilize Practiscore for.

Using PractiScore at your local club is not quite the same as providing support to everyone using PractiScore (as in all Android support). Just saying... :)

13 hours ago, euxx said:

You missed my point entirely. If you wanted to delete someone from the match then you are likely not followed USPSA rules in regards to the match participation.

But for the record, I don't have to be an USPSA member to shoot USPSA matches, so I choose not to be one.

Using PractiScore at your local club is not quite the same as providing support to everyone using PractiScore (as in all Android support). Just saying... :)

I guess I am still missing your point on this removing shooters from a match.  Even non-members get reported as participants to USPSA and have an activity fee paid for them.  

You don't have to be a member to shoot Level 1 matches.  Want to shoot Level 2 and up requires membership.  To each their own on what they want to shoot.  

I guess I am still missing your point on this removing shooters from a match.  Even non-members get reported as participants to USPSA and have an activity fee paid for them.

The participation and activity fees are for sooting matches. If someone did shot the match, he shouldn't be deleted from PractiScore.

You don't have to be a member to shoot Level 1 matches.  Want to shoot Level 2 and up requires membership.  To each their own on what they want to shoot.  

You may want to re-read the USPSA rules to see why I actually CAN and have shoot L2, L3 and Nationals not being USPSA member.