Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zev OZ9 – More Than A Gucci Glock

Been watching this gun and was anxiously awaiting to get one since it was announced at Shot Show.  Was able to get one finally and put a few thousand rounds through it and even shot a local match with it, versus my regular SP01 Custom.

Good experience.  Only issue is 10 round mags (when I shot in Jersey) did not drop free.

18 hours ago, Maksim said:

Been watching this gun and was anxiously awaiting to get one since it was announced at Shot Show.  Was able to get one finally and put a few thousand rounds through it and even shot a local match with it, versus my regular SP01 Custom.

Good experience.  Only issue is 10 round mags (when I shot in Jersey) did not drop free.

Keep an eye on your slide.  Remove the slide and barrel and look and the underside of the slide for wear marks.  A co-worker of mine sheared off barrels lugs on his OZ9 twice. In less than 3000 rounds.  My unqualified opinion is the two front corners of the barrel hood are striking the underneath of the slide during recoil, causing too much force when the barrel lug hits the locking block.  On a polymer Glock frame, the frame can flex a bit.  ZEV engineered the flex out of the OZ9.  I don't own one any more.  It's a great concept, but I think there is more work to be done.