Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
TK66

Finally shooting my first USPSA match..

Recommended Posts

Well, it looks like the stars have finally aligned!  I have been shooting IDPA for 5 years or so and have always been interested in USPSA, but after joining I never even went to a match.  

I'm really looking forward to this although its going to be strange without a actual sequence to engage targets.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And, you can reload anytime, anywhere you want     💯

 

Good luck with it.     :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, no one to hold your hand telling you which way to shoot the targets---that's what makes it fun. You'll like it I'm sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really looking forward to this! Just have to adjust to the new game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck, hope you have as much fun as I do.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!  It's going to be hard to to stay ahead of slide lock. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.  If you have to take couple steps - Reload.

 

2.  Do NOT shoot to Empty.

 

This will save you Lots of time in USPSA.    :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

1.  If you have to take couple steps - Reload.

 

2.  Do NOT shoot to Empty.

 

This will save you Lots of time in USPSA.    :) 

 

 

Ssshh! Don't give away too many of our secrets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Distant Thunder said:

 

Ssshh! Don't give away too many of our secrets.

 

😂    I don't know how many times I've watched new USPSA

shooters, coming from IDPA, make these two mistakes, over

and over and over.

Edited by Hi-Power Jack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reminders!  I'll be shooting SS major, with 6 mags on my belt. I shoukd have enough... lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TK66 said:

  I'll be shooting SS major, with 6 mags on my belt. I shoukd have enough... lol 

 

Just remember to save that sixth mag to THROW at the targets if

you've missed with 40 rounds.     😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hi-Power Jack said:

 

Just remember to save that sixth mag to THROW at the targets if

you've missed with 40 rounds.     😂

Hahaha.  Should  I carry less?  My old a$$ would move faster with less weight.  Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely NOT.   I was just kidding around with the "newbie".

 

You cannot possibly have too much ammo with you - never know if you'll

drop a mag or anything else goes wrong - better to have too much.    :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 2:22 PM, TK66 said:

Well, it looks like the stars have finally aligned!  I have been shooting IDPA for 5 years or so and have always been interested in USPSA, but after joining I never even went to a match.  

I'm really looking forward to this although its going to be strange without a actual sequence to engage targets.  

 

Where are you shooting this weekend? Cortland?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, cjmill87 said:

 

Where are you shooting this weekend? Cortland?

Yep, on squad 2 I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Definitely NOT.   I was just kidding around with the "newbie".

 

You cannot possibly have too much ammo with you - never know if you'll

drop a mag or anything else goes wrong - better to have too much.    :) 

Good idea..  I can take newbie razz'n.  It's all fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Have fun, unfortunately I can't shoot Cortland this weekend but it’s a great group of folks

Edited by cjmill87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cjmill87 said:

Have fun, unfortunately I can shoot Cortland this weekend but it’s a great group of folks

I'm looking forward to meeting some new folks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 4:12 PM, TK66 said:

I'm really looking forward to this! Just have to adjust to the new game.

When I first made the switch, The hardest part was not being told how or what to shoot.  Welcome to a whole new world of fun.  Oh yeah, forget about reload with retention and cover.  Slidelock is bad in USPSA.  Plan your shots!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:16 PM, TK66 said:

I'm looking forward to meeting some new folks. 

 

@TK66 How'd the match go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cjmill87 said:

 

@TK66 How'd the match go?

Ugh.....   I had a last minute change in my work schedule that forced me to withdraw from the match.  Really sucks,  I was looking forward to it.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...