Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Should I stay or should I go?

PGGUNS

23 minutes ago, PGGUNS said:

Well I’ve started my “purge” of guns sitting in my safe to fund my open purchase.  Once I sell my JP PCC I’ll be on my way to open with the purchase of a PT Honcho, I was leaning to the Atlas but I think I’m gonna give the honcho a try.  Hear really good things about it, anyone have experience with it?  

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I shoot both CO and open.  CO wasn't around when I started so at that time I just jumped into open because it looked like the most fun.  I think if CO had been around then though I would have went that direction.  Like has been stated before I like CO because: mostly "off the shelf" so very reliable, cheap ammo, "cheap" to get into.  But Open is where its at!  It is a ton of fun to shoot.  Yes you will have some reliability issues every now and then, have to tinker with setup, load spec, ect…..   But "getting into it" like that is half the fun.  If you can swing it financially, my vote is open.  The reason most of us do this is to have fun and shooting what you think is cool is a big part of it.    

• 2 weeks later...

Will because of all you enablers, and my buddies who have no problem spending my money, I have decided to GO.... and not stay in CO’s.

Open here I come!!  Put in an order for a PT Honcho, so 10 long weeks and I’ll be an open shooter.  I’ve also been talked into reloading which I’m not really excited about but makes sense over the long term.  Shooting 9 major, I know, I know, 38 super is the way to go but one thing at a time, lol

So I’ll likely be selling my shadow 2 (which I really like) and will use my g34 mos for emergencies if my honcho goes down.  I figure I can get significantly more by selling my S2 vs the G34 which will go much farther in helping me fund my reloading equipment and other stuff that I know have to buy. :(

Funny because of of the sudden I’m not real excited about shooting a match now in CO given I’m going open soon.  Kind of like playing a “scrimmage” vs a “real game”.  Below is a pic of what I ordered, I have an SRO so this is pretty much the set up.  

6AC5CD86-091F-4A68-850D-4084829713BB.jpeg