Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
GrumpyOne

Mechanics, trailer builders, etc. Looking for a part.

Guys, working on my boat trailer. The wheel studs are shot and I need new ones. I've tried every place local to me to no avail (O'Reilly, Pep Boys, Discount Auto, Auto Zone,  Home Depot, Lowe's, Rural King, at least 6 different tire only garages, nobody has these). Even Amazon doesn't carry these (they have something similar, but they won't work, too long). I've looked all over the web, and have struck out.

It is a wheel stud for a Magic Loader by Magic Tilt boat trailer. I don't know who made the hubs they came out of. I need a manufacturer and a part number, if anyone finds it. 

I'm gonna check a trailer place in Jacksonville tomorrow and also check at Fastenal, but I don't have too much faith in either of them having these. 

I need 24 studs and 24 lug nuts for them, acorn style. 20190818_083331.thumb.jpg.ecbc9462ed43683dd78270b9010ab122.jpg

Grumpy, since you’re coming over here in Jax, stop by at the Northern Tool store by Atlantic boulevard. I know they sell a lot of trailer parts there. There’s also a place in Beach boulevard named Boathouse discount marine that sells every imaginable parts for boats and trailers.

Good luck.

8 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

dont recall seeing ones with the smooth part and splines in that order, usually other way around or entire area is splined. Would one  that is all splined not work ?
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Redline/7-150.html
or
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Redline/165995.html

Yeah, I've never seen any like it either. Like I said, Amazon has some similar, but they are too long. 

https://www.amazon.com/Trailer-Wheel-Press-Studs-Long/dp/B00K7TVAIU

25 minutes ago, George16 said:

Grumpy, since you’re coming over here in Jax, stop by at the Northern Tool store by Atlantic boulevard. I know they sell a lot of trailer parts there. There’s also a place in Beach boulevard named Boathouse discount marine that sells every imaginable parts for boats and trailers.

Good luck.

Tried Northern Tool in Ocala, no bueno. I'll try the Boathouse on Beach Blvd (I'll be out that way on Tuesday). Maybe look at West Marine since they are out there too.

12 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

Tried Northern Tool in Ocala, no bueno. I'll try the Boathouse on Beach Blvd (I'll be out that way on Tuesday). Maybe look at West Marine since they are out there too.

Go for a drive through Mayport road towards the navy base too. I know there’s a bunch of stores there that caters to boaters and the Navy. 

Fastenal look them up online, I've worked in the automotive dealership world for a while. They have, or can get about anything.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I got in touch with Magic tilt trailer parts, they confirmed the part from my dimensions, and I ordered 24 each of the studs and nuts.

Thanks everybody!

I know you fond them ,, but why couldn’t you just cut the ones you said were close ?

14 minutes ago, EEH said:

I know you fond them ,, but why couldn’t you just cut the ones you said were close ?

The shoulder was too long. Once put through the hub, the part with no threads would have been where the nut needed to tighten onto the wheel. Believe me, I would have in an instant. The problem, those have a shoulder of 1.38 inches...mine have a shoulder of 7/8"...it wasn't the OAL that was the problem.

Got the new ones today, got 6 of them in already. Thanks again everyone!