Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Abbreviation for mini popper vs full size

MJinPA

At a recent club match we had a classifier that was set up wrong (18-05). Full size poppers were used instead of mini. Was not noticed until a few squads shot so had to be tossed.

The stage procedure refers to them as PP and in the scoring section they are called mini poppers. I have also seen mini poppers called USP and MP in stage descriptions.

Is there a standard? I could not find one in the rule book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, MJinPA said:

At a recent club match we had a classifier that was set up wrong (18-05). Full size poppers were used instead of mini. Was not noticed until a few squads shot so had to be tossed.

The stage procedure refers to them as PP and in the scoring section they are called mini poppers. I have also seen mini poppers called USP and MP in stage descriptions.

Is there a standard? I could not find one in the rule book.

https://uspsa.org/viewer//18-05.pdf

Stage briefing calls them 'Mini USPSA Poppers' in the online documents.

Thanks for the replies. I also got clarification from Troy on this. However, the person that setup this particular classifier saw PP in the stage procedure (not briefing) and assumed pepper popper which was thought to be a full size popper. I also just realized that when viewed in the app is states PP 1-4 but when viewed online it uses a single P. Granted we should all be more diligent when setting up classifiers it should be an easy fix to make the version viewed in the app mirror the version that's online.

IMG_80DCB49DD268-1.jpeg