Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Overall vs Division Finishing/Place

BiteTheBullet

On 8/18/2019 at 10:53 AM, BiteTheBullet said:

I am good at math so yes please explain. I have never researched the math for scoring. It still kills me that someone can have 14 misses on a stage, shoot it really fast and finish high in scoring.

Here is an example right from the PractiScore site https://blog.practiscore.com/combined-vs-division-results/

PS: I find it hilarious people suggesting PractiScore messed up, as if in wouldn't have happen in the last 5..10 years and no one would have reported major issues :)

18 hours ago, motosapiens said:

Are you sure you're good at math? you can't have 14 misses and still finish high. You will get a zero score on any normal (32 rounds or less) stage.

Depending on a match it is still not outside of possibility. After those 14 misses, all you need to be some 70+ points ahead (actually stage points, not hits) on all other stages combined. PractiScore Competitor app calls that "available points".

On 8/18/2019 at 1:26 PM, ChuckS said:

Perhaps added by accident? Or someone doesn't like you? In any case, PS has been doing correct scoring for years. It is a little maddening that the website does not show procedural penalties. Just M, NMP and NS.

Go ahead and report it. There is a Help button at the top of the PractiScore pages.

BTW, you can see procedural penalties on the web site too from "old style" html results. The link is at the bottom of the results page.

https://practiscore.com/results/html/86c4d668-c414-4705-9ed1-8c16df7dd3a4?page=stage0-review